Vacuum T-Case to Manual Shift - Interested in a kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Curious how many of you have gone down the road of converting a vacuum 2WD-4WD t-case to manual shift, either in an original vacuum shift vehicle (FJ62) OR using a t-case from a vacuum shift in a manual setup (FJ62 to FJ60 for instance). We have some neat new t-case/tc parts offerings in the works and want to know if there is value in us selling/shipping a pre-made kit for doing the conversion. It won't however come with the linkage outside of the t-case, just the t-case components. Thoughts?

Conversion parts for reference

IMG_0012.JPG

Yes, I'd take one.

I'm interested. I am not a fan of the vacuum system, too many singular items that can render the system inoperable. I'd rather it be manual with twin sticks. Add a twin sticks package as an option and all your bases are covered.

Any idea on a price point?

Yes!

Yes, please.

I’d buy one

I would be interested in purchasing one in the future. However, I'd want the outside linkage too-- if you would reconsider including that.

Last edited:
This Kit would be great I'd purchase one. The linkage would be a great option to offer.
:beer:

I would be interested in purchasing one in the future. However, I'd want the outside linkage too-- if you would reconsider including that.

I've not spent much time looking but I know there were a couple NLA items and reproducing them isn't something on my radar at the moment. I'll give it a harder look.

So dollar wise it would be roughly $150. Is that still appetizing? That would include everything shown in pic #1, all Genuine Toyota and or OE (NOK Seal for example). And the 15x1.5mm tap that is needed to put the detent setup in. We could offer those too? Then again Amazon is easy :D

Yep. That would good on my end.

Kurt, I have an auto HJ60 that I am converting to an H55 manual. I have a vac pot in the engine bay and 4wd selector switch on the dash. If I bought this kit, I would need to add a shifter and can bypass the dash 4wd selector switch right?

Yup, OE and OEM only. Wouldn't expect any less. ;)

Without tap, for me -- Best to offer tap as an add-on or link to the correct one. Keep price of kit as low as possible. JMO. Tap for most people will only be used once so can be passed around.

Kurt, I have an auto HJ60 that I am converting to an H55 manual. I have a vac pot in the engine bay and 4wd selector switch on the dash. If I bought this kit, I would need to add a shifter and can bypass the dash 4wd selector switch right?

Yup, precisely

Yup, OE and OEM only. Wouldn't expect any less. ;)

Without tap, for me -- Best to offer tap as an add-on or link to the correct one. Keep price of kit as low as possible. JMO. Tap for most people will only be used once so can be passed around.

Hmmm, there is an idea. A few loaner taps :D

Shipping though, may suppress the idea of a loaner, unless one can figure out a cheap way to return... I think those taps can be had for around $15 Chi-Comm flavors. Not economical when shipping is $6 ? To me, anyway.

I see even flat-rate envelope is $7 now! For that, I'd just pass the tap to the next Mudder.

Btw, you just made the market for FJ62 T-cases go up! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom