Vacuum Sucks on my B Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back at it again. The one thing I love about my pig is that it never stops surprising me. Its like the Black Knight in Monte Python insisting "tis but a scratch" when in reality he is bleeding out. That's my pig, things don't make any sense yet it still runs "just fine".

So it has always been a hard start. Run the glow plugs for 1 minute, pump the skinny pedal on the right three times, flutter the pedal as the 3.0 gasps for air and comes to life. A friend of mine has, I think a 76 and that damn think spins right up ready to go; I am somewhat jealous.

In the constant quest of discovery I have observed that I have an HAC tied into the fuel pump. Ill point out that there is ZERO electrical tied into the system, it is all mechanical. Because there is a starting issue I wonder if the fuel isn't staying pressurized and is backing, hence the rough start. I look at all the metal lines for leaks or possible weak solder points (that is a thing here in Costa Rica), cracked rubber lines, bad connections, other leaks etc. I have replaced all gaskets on the injectors and rebuilt them recently as well, so they are all pretty and such. The only glaring anomaly is that HAC which has a vacuum nipple on it but isn't attached to anything. I read that this is used to keep a diaphragm open at higher altitudes and that's really about it. What I am trying to dig up however, is a diagram, pictograph, a toddlers rendition, or even an interpretative dance on where all the vacuum lines go after the pump. My list so far: brake booster, wipers. I do know that there is a tank under the floor for the brakes as well, I just need evict the mud wasps that have taken up residency in the rigid lines and connect the tank.

Thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom