Vacuum source for brake booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I am converting my unboosted 1970 cruiser to power brakes. It has a chevy 350 engine with a quadrajet carb, and I am looking for a manifold vacuum source for the brake booster.

The port on the manifold itself is currently being used for the thransfer case shifter. I do not want to "t" into this line. There is a large threaded plug fitting on the back of the carb at the base.

Based on what I have read about manifold vacuum ports on quadrajets, this should be a source for manifold vacuum? My question is, can I install a nipple fitting here and use this as a source to run the line for the brake booster?

Thanks,

Dave

Yes you can. That is where I ran mine with the Q-Jet.

well it all depends if you want vacuum or suction. it also depends on weather you want 10psi or 20 psi. it also depends on weather its facing north or south because east is better that way it flows uphill better. hope this answers your questions

well it all depends if you want vacuum or suction. it also depends on weather you want 10psi or 20 psi. it also depends on weather its facing north or south because east is better that way it flows uphill better. hope this answers your questions

I'll take whichever of the cardinal directions that allow me to hook up the booster! ;)

Switch 'em and run the booster from the manifold, 4wd from the carb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom