Vacuum pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

We are attempting to put a b engine ( a red model) into a fj 40. I am helping the mechanic I good but not super familiar with diesels.

The company I bought it from installed a brand new alternator. I understand this is the vacuum pump? If so where do you run hoses? The brake booster?

Also, there was a broken fuel pipe just to the left of the fuel feed pump. I contacted the supplier of the engine and they sent me one with no little tubing opposite the outlet. This won't work will it? It is a return of some kind.

Many thanks for your advice.

Russell Tinkham
Vhermont USA

Welcome mate
The vacuum pump lines run to a small tank thats bolted to the chassis rail and then it runs back to the brake booster. Its run this way because the vacuum pump on the altenator can pump oil into the system and the tank can be drained unlike the bootster.
Not sure on the next question a few photo's may help.

All that Russell's written has been crossed out on my screen ... So maybe replies are no longer needed? :meh:

Hi no The writing was not supposed to be crossed out. I am a computer idiot. I get that the vacuum pump is attached to the alternator and that as Ozcruiser says runs to a tank mounted on frame. I do need advice ! I appreciate it greatly.

Thanks for any input. Russell Tinkham. QUOTE="russell tinkham, post: 9441074, member: 103450"]Hello

We are attempting to put a b engine ( a red model) into a fj 40. I am helping the mechanic I good but not super familiar with diesels.

The company I bought it from installed a brand new alternator. I understand this is the vacuum pump? If so where do you run hoses? The brake booster?

Also, there was a broken fuel pipe just to the left of the fuel feed pump. I contacted the supplier of the engine and they sent me one with no little tubing opposite the outlet. This won't work will it? It is a return of some kind.

Many thanks for your advice.

Russell Tinkham
Vhermont USA

[/QUOTE]
Iu
I have the same thought ..
HhI
I have the same thought ..

Here's a pic of the setup Russell. I hope this is useful

VacuumSetup.jpg

The tank Ozcruiser talks about is the "reservoir" in my pic

:beer: