Vacuum pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

call Rex at Cool Stream. check the 60 series section for a/c threrads and his name will pop up. He's in Az and is simply brilliant to talk to about your a/.c.HTH

Robinair. I like their warranty and have always had good experiences with their stuff. That being said I own a harbor freight vp and it has never given me any problems in the 20 or so uses.

call Rex at Cool Stream. check the 60 series section for a/c threrads and his name will pop up. He's in Az and is simply brilliant to talk to about your a/.c.HTH

Ditto, great guy, knows his stuff..

Here:
CoolStream

Where I live, they charge $86 per hour for labor, then a $40 enviornmental fee, then a $20 shop supplies fee, and probably a ridiculous price for freon. I figure I can buy my own vacuum pump and still come out ahead. If I have my own pump, I can do it over again if needed. Also my neighbor makes some molds and needs a vacuum pump and he is going to help pay for it.

Why in the world would you buy a vacuum pump instead of just going to a shop to evacuate and recharge the system? Just curious.

Why in the world would you buy a vacuum pump instead of just going to a shop to evacuate and recharge the system? Just curious.

My pump has paid for itself 10 times over already. Though I will say I do residential HVAC work on the side.

The water or compressed air powered vacuum pumps work well enough to do the job for this application and only cost $10-20. Looks sketchy, but they do work.

I ordered the Robinair. I need to call Coolstream and get a comressor, dryer, expansion valve, o-ring set. Is there anything else I should get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom