Vacuum Line Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pathfinder

I am the STIG
Threads
Here are two photos of the same area that I have a question about. The vac line in question is just looped around the same sensor (not sure what it is). The loop in question is next to the gold colored thing and the air intake hose. (yeah I know great mechinical terminology huh:D !! ) How does this get routed correctly and what the heck is it supposed to do??

I do not think this correct and have'nt a clue where it goes. Any help or insights will be apperciated. Thanks

VacQuestions002.jpg

VacQuestions001.jpg

the hose on your sensors are switched. Lets see if I can explain. THe hose that goes to the gold thing need to go to the top of the sensor. THe hose on the bottom of the sensor goes to the gold thing. I'm not a Mechanic either. I looked at mine and I'm pretty sure it is correct. Hope this helps

I am going to switch around. Any ideas what they are for?

Thanks jmkfj60!

Not a clue, I'm sure somebody of more knowledge knows. Glad I could help.

The gold thing is an actuator for the air bypass valve, which is part of your air injection system which injects air into the exhaust to reduce the emissions gasses. You should think about purchasing the 2F emissions manual, especially if you are going to keep your smog equipment

54859648.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom