Vacuum hose controversy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased 3 meters of the OEM 3.5 (per previous part number) as a "let's see how this works" before buying more. The motor is being pulled, repaired as needed and cleaned up big-time and I have at least 6 weeks to make these executive decisions. Maybe it's because I'm not a mechanic and I am not familiar with "options" that I tend to gravitate towards OEM first.

I purchased 3 meters of the OEM 3.5 (per previous part number) as a "let's see how this works" before buying more. The motor is being pulled, repaired as needed and cleaned up big-time and I have at least 6 weeks to make these executive decisions. Maybe it's because I'm not a mechanic and I am not familiar with "options" that I tend to gravitate towards OEM first.

You can't go wrong going OEM.

Just received order cancelled notice from ToyotaPartsDeal....hose is unavailable. Looks
like I'm heading back to McMaster.

Just received order cancelled notice from ToyotaPartsDeal....hose is unavailable. Looks
That stuff is so nice. You’ll be very happy with it. It’s better than OEM rubber.

this is what your getting Don ........

1600209511348.png

1600209541682.png

Contact Cruiser Outfitters , out in salt lake , @cruiseroutfit , Kurt will hook you up with correct oem parts ........

90999-92004 - qty 4
90999-92003 - qty 12

that’s the cheapest way to purchase oem vac hose for complete replacement of all 3.5mm hose. Unfortunately the 5.5mm is no longer, I’ve yet to find a suitable oem option.

Go through Norwalk Toyota or similar Toyota online parts. I avoid Toyota parts deal.

90999-92004 - qty 4
90999-92003 - qty 12

that’s the cheapest way to purchase oem vac hose for complete replacement of all 3.5mm hose. Unfortunately the 5.5mm is no longer, I’ve yet to find a suitable oem option.

Go through Norwalk Toyota or similar Toyota online parts. I avoid Toyota parts deal.
Thanks for the tip! I'm new to the game and always appreciate the knowledge from those in the trenches!

I ordered mine from Partsouq.com and saved $20 or more even after shipping from UAE. It was the replacement oem hose shown above...no part # for each hose. Just a blank where i guess you can write in the # of the hose you are replacing. The quality and size seemed to be an exact match to oem original. I believe I ordered as mattressking has above. Again I couldn't find a 5.5 mm hose

Left to right...OEM Toyota 3.5mm - Belmetric 3.5mm braided - McMaster Carr 3.0 mm and 6.0mm silicone.
Toyota comes in either 60 cm or 90 cm lengths.
Belmetric sells by the meter.
McMaster sells by the foot.
IMG_20200925_090416.JPG
IMG_20200925_082302.jpg
IMG_20200925_084304.jpg
IMG_20200925_085126.jpg

Just an FYI, Toyota comes in multiple lengths, the numbers listed before are the most cost effective.

View attachment 2446082
I did not know there were more than two lengths available. Thanks. I do know some online Toyota dealerships will tell you that the hose is not available or have very little stock. It took me three tries before I found a dealer who said "sure, how much do you need?"

you cut off the prices for McMaster Carr, which I think are the least expensive of the bunch coming in at ~$1.50 per foot (ca. $4.50/meter). While it is priced by the foot McMaster these days only sells in fixed lengths: 10ft, 25ft, 50ft, etc. 20 years ago I used the softer durometer 50 tubing and it is still working great.

Thanks for posting those pix, @Don Pedro I really like the cloth-braided hose, and it lasts forever.

Thanks for posting those pix, @Don Pedro I really like the cloth-braided hose, and it lasts forever.
The braided looks and feels solid. Made in Germany. Then there's the "can't go wrong with OEM". It may come down to best fitment. And I'm not adverse to mix and match. I will be replacing all the hose on the 2F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom