SOLD Vacuum Actuator for 4WD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Bean

GOLD Star
Threads
Up for sale is a used vacuum actuator for 4WD off of our 1970 40 series. $75 + shipping.

Vacuum Actuator.1.JPEG

Vacuum Actuator.2.JPEG

Hey did this work when you pulled it?I might be interested. I literally was just asking about this in my build thread haha. I am thinking about putting the 4x4 shifting back on the dash. I have all the parts I believe except this.

Thanks
Robert Chestnut

Hey Robert. I've followed along on your build thread and am impressed by all of the work that you have done. Your project looks to be coming along great.

About the actuator: I replaced it with a rebuilt one because I was getting about a 1 minute delay when I pulled the 4Stupidly, I blamed the actuator without really knowing what the problem was. When I installed the "new" one, I was still getting a delay. So I went further in diagnosing the problem. I ended up blowing out some debris out of one of the vacuum lines and everything works as it should. The long and short of this: I believe that the 4WD vacuum actuator that I posted works just fine. It certainly worked when I pulled it out.
Let me know if you want to visit.
Thanks.
Mark

Hey Mark,

Yeah I think I want to purchase. Can you get me a shipping quote? I am a broke teacher so hopfully it wont be too bad. My address is 495 back road Ocracoke NC 27960. If usps its P.O. box 524 (we dont get street delevery here for usps)

And Thanks I have been plugging away at it. I love tinkering and fixing old cars. I know I have been saying it since I purchased the fj40 but I am finally about to start my rear sill. I have all my parts now. I might be doing some traveling this summer and Id love to check your 40 out! If you ever come to the NC Outer Banks youll have to stop by as well!

Thanks
Robert Chestnut

That’s a great price for a functioning unit. The shift yoke looks to be in great shape, they can wear and then cause the FD to pop out of gear. You’ll need the FD light switch, and the ball bearing that drops in before it’s screwed into the boss pointed at in the pic. Do you have two unhooked wires near where this unit bolts to the TC? You‘ll also need a gasket (you can make one) and some of that Toyota red sealant stuff 😂.
F29354AD-868A-4941-B8D3-5D5E2A1D380B.jpeg

Easy to check functionality before installing, just put a rubber hose on one of the hose ports, plug the other with finger, and suck. Yoke should move. Switch hose to other port and suck, yoke should return.

That’s a great price for a functioning unit. The shift yoke looks to be in great shape, they can wear and then cause the FD to pop out of gear. You’ll need the FD light switch, and the ball bearing that drops in before it’s screwed into the boss pointed at in the pic. Do you have two unhooked wires near where this unit bolts to the TC? You‘ll also need a gasket (you can make one) and some of that Toyota red sealant stuff 😂.
View attachment 3211940
Easy to check functionality before installing, just put a rubber hose on one of the hose ports, plug the other with finger, and suck. Yoke should move. Switch hose to other port and suck, yoke should return.
Ill have to check this evening. I know the wiring for the light behind the dash is still there. Hopfully I can find a ball bearing that is for that. Ill do some investigating this weekend on it. I am very excited to make the dash 4x4 work though. I have always thought these were really cool!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom