VA rating after surgery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

doughboy

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

Served active army 2009-2016
I'm 34

I fell down (2014) while on active duty and did a real number on my spine and I ultimately got a MEB, and pushed out. I got 40% for my L-spine. After years of living with this pain, I had enough and I started seeing a neurologist.

October 29th 2021 I had my L4-S1 fused and they replaced the disc's at those same levels. They did the disc replacement anterior, and then they did the fusion posterior.

Anyways, do you guys know if I'll get a boost in my rating, or will the VA see me as "fixed" and lower my rating? I did some Googling and didn't find to much. I'm honestly pretty nervous about it and am thinking they'll lower it. I am planning on talking to the Denver American Legion and seeing what they think.

Thank you,
Angelo

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

Served active army 2009-2016
I'm 34

I fell down (2014) while on active duty and did a real number on my spine and I ultimately got a MEB, and pushed out. I got 40% for my L-spine. After years of living with this pain, I had enough and I started seeing a neurologist.

October 29th 2021 I had my L4-S1 fused and they replaced the disc's at those same levels. They did the disc replacement anterior, and then they did the fusion posterior.

Anyways, do you guys know if I'll get a boost in my rating, or will the VA see me as "fixed" and lower my rating? I did some Googling and didn't find to much. I'm honestly pretty nervous about it and am thinking they'll lower it. I am planning on talking to the Denver American Legion and seeing what they think.

Thank you,
Angelo

Hey Angelo, Sorry for the delayed response. I can't say for sure, but I seriously doubt they will lower it. Unless you have regained full mobility and have no pain at all, I think your rating will stay the same. The fact that they had to install aftermarket parts is usually a guarantee--I have four bolts and a ceramic shim in my left knee that "fixed" the issue, and that knee is rated for several different things. I think the only way they'll lower it is if you show up to a follow up C&P exam and do yoga demonstrations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom