SOLD VA: FJ40 Amby doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ40 Ambulance Doors – Complete
I've been informed these are 75-78 doors (square bottom corners) and are in excellent condition. No rust through anywhere I can see and door bottoms are in good condition. Includes all the hardware; latches, hinges, handles, etc. Glass is good and so is the weather stripping. The lock works fine and includes the original Toyota key. Contact me if you want more pics. $650 + shipping

IMG_0544.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0548 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0550 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Last edited:
Interested - and I'm in NoVA so might be able to save you the trouble of shipping.
I can't tell for sure from the pictures, but it looks like the outer bottom corners are square; I thought they are curved (radius-ed?) on 78+.
Can you maybe PM me a couple more photos showing the bottom/outer corners?
If you're not too far away from beltway area, I can swing by and have a look.
Thanks.
Regards,
Travis.-

They are square. If you tell me what year(s) they are, I will correct the ad. They did come off of my 79, but. . . .
Can't figure out how to PM yet, so here is a pic.

IMG_0567[1600].jpg

Thanks for the pic. I'm certainly not as savvy with year/model differences as some of the experts, but I find that '79+ do have the radius corner doors.
I've also learned during my own build process that there is a lot of bleed over between model year changes; something about "back then" they didn't just toss out all the previous year model parts, but rather used them up even though technically the vehicles being produced were the next/new model year. So, yeah, entirely possible that your '79 has square door corners if being produced in the early part of the run.

Regardless, don't hold up a sale on me. I do need the rounded corners as I've already replaced the surrounding sheet metal with the rounded corner channels.
Best,
TDC.-

Thanks for the info. Ad corrected.

Good point @Wadesters . But if I’m doing sheet metal work anyway I’ll have to save the coin and repair what I’ve got.
certainly tempting - if not for all the internals and glass and etc. - but I’ll bow out and wish good luck to seller and good purchase to whoever lands them.

There has been a lot of interest in these doors (well, they are nice doors), but as Wadesters mentioned, they are expensive to ship. I have given quotes to several folks, but I wouldn't pay the amount quoted if I were buying them.
So, I just want to pass on the info I have been given and if you find a better way I'll try to work with you on it. I'm an not going to box them up, so the info below is taking them to the UPS Store so they can provide appropriate packing and prepare for shipping.

The shipping (UPS) store would use 1 custom (double lined) box with packaging
48x31x21
The weight is 72# (each door is 30#)
shipped from 20180

Thanks,
Victor

Those are exceptionally nice doors. However why list something on the internet and not be willing to box them up? i would never trust the minions at a ups store to properly pack anything... I've received a bunch of packages the "professionals" packed and they flat out suck at their job...

OK, OK. I'm old and slow, but if someone really wants to pay for shipping, I will do my best to box them up and get them to you. With the info provided above you can get your estimate.
But it's a beautiful time of year to drive to VA :):)

Where in VA are you located? Thanks

shipped from 20180
is Lovettsville, VA

No, I don't. VA has a lot of guys who have been on MUD since the early days but don't post much and rarely attend events. I'll ask a few of the older DC guys.

Either way, he's 50-60 miles northwest from my mom. I have a friend in Leesburg (the halfway point) who would probably be fine grabbing them and storing them until I get up there next...might be Thanksgiving tho. I'll ask and confirm he can do that.

Sounds like a pretty nice deal on those doors.

JohnVee - not sure if your first sentence was address to me or someone else. In any case, I can think of only one CLCC event I've attended since owning the FJ40 and later a couple of FJ62's. I doubt if anyone there knows me - including the "older DC guys".

I can deliver the doors to your friend in Leesburg, or anywhere between Lovettsville and Tysons Corner. I can also keep them in my shop in a safe and dry place until Thanksgiving.

I removed the license plate holder and domes on the lights to give you a better idea of what is needed to repair them. There's no rot, just need cleaning and paint. Of course, it will need new lights. Here are a couple of pics:

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom