SOLD VA: 80 series Factory E-locked restored rear third member complete. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4runner2FJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
UPDATE: Price Drop-$700- Like brand new fully restored fj80 e-locked rear third. Complete tear down, salvaged original 411 gears in great condition, replaced carrier bearings and both pinion bearing with OEM Toyota parts. Toyota pinion seal, marlin crawler solid pinion spacer, and new double drilled pinion flange. Entire housing was sandblasted, primed, & painted with Eastwood 2k Epoxy paint. Locker actuator was rebuilt and restored to working condition. I have wiring, relays, and switch if needed for a conversion.
Pretty disappointed this did not work on my conversion because passenger shock won't fit without hitting actuator. Not looking to start rigging up my suspension. Will ship at buyers expense.
2023-04-22 14.16.10.jpg
2023-04-22 18.22.57.jpg
2023-03-29 09.54.07.jpg
2023-03-31 15.00.19.jpg
2023-03-31 16.06.39.jpg
2023-04-22 14.16.41.jpg

Last edited:
Would you include the locker-specific axle if the buyer sent you a regular axle back?

yes that makes sense. The short side long spline shaft is INCLUDED if buyer sends me the same open diff shaft in return.

Last edited:
@swamprunner Dang that would have been cool. Yes the new oem actuators for rear are $500+ since the last time I looked. Its a full on rebuilt with new bearings and seals, original gears and preload were adjusted for whatever wear they saw. I never found out the mileage on the axle, but the gears didn't look anything like my 60 rear with 230K miles on them. The teeth look polished on those, but still ran just fine.

I'll have to search awhile but there is a thread somewhere on Mud where they did the swap to a cable that replaced the elec motor

@ORP4 It should fit anything 94 - 97. All I have as far as stock computer and harness goes is about 2' of the harness wire. I do have all the parts needed to make it happen without the factory computer and harness. I even have some nice trailer wire w 6 conductors to run from locker to where ever needed. You can make the locker work with a factory switch I believe as well? I bought a three position carling switch used here on Mud and wired it with two relays. No power stays on the actuator motor after the position changes (ie. locked vs unlocked) If you do not already have a locked rear, you will need the locker specific short side axle(provided if you send me your unlocked short inner), 4 correct studs get changed (i can supply you with those) and a small radius relief ground out at the axle/diff flange. (sounds harder than it is) radius to the left highlighted. you can trace a locker gasket easy.
2023-03-18 17.46.04-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom