V8 with turbo 350 swap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning y'all. Hey I have a quick ? about The Th350 swap. I have a 350 with the th350 behind it that I want to swap into one of my 68s. What are the issues if any with this swap? I Found the kit at Advanced for about $570.00. And we can weld up mounts and gussets. Is there any fire wall issues we need to know about? I would love to stay stock but the F motor and trans are shot. Thanks for any help.

I have the same set up. You will need to address the cooling issue, shift linkages, t-case mounting and drive shaft length and about 100 other things. My only problem with this set up is gearing, while it is great on the road, it is geared too high for the trail. You bounce over rocks and things rather then crawl over them. I fixed this issue with a Orion.

Good luck
Al

The Orion is a good choice (IMHO) for just about any application. The 700R4/4L60 is a better choice than the 350TH, but since you own it, might as well run it. Keep in mind though, that the first gear ratio for the 350TH is 2.52:1, while the 4L60 is 3.06:1. Plus, you get OD for shootin' down the highway:steer:.

Thanks guys. I am not set on the th350. It came with the engine, so the world is my oyster on this one. I have two 68's and 1/2 of a 73 so I am doing one for crawling and one for fishing and hunting. The one for crawling is getting a 383 stroker and 4 speed thats out back and the other is getting the 350 with whatever. I am sure I will have a load of questions on these two builds. I was a die hard cj guy until now. Time for something different. Both tubs are off and restoration has begun. Great projects with my kids.

I've Got Help!!

I've got freebie V8 instructiom manual (send snail mail address), I've got your front and rear mounts, and I think I've got your TH350 adapter---PM me!!!:bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom