V8 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to put a V8 in my 88. Is it given that I'll need to move the transfer case? I'd like a 5 speed auto trans also. I've been reading about the Vortec engines, not sure which one would be preferable.

Soundslike you need to do some research. Pretty much all the info you need is here. Do a google search of what your looking for it should lead you back to a thread or 5 here on mud or find someone to do the build for you that knows how to do the swap your looking for.
Tommy

Agree, do some more searching. Particularly on AA adapter kits. I have a 60, not a 62 but I found the right adapter kit allowed us to leave the transmission alone for the most part.

I agree with the above, keep reading! Doing a swap is about compromises, a lot of them. Personally I do not locate the drive train based on an adapter location. I am looking for the best position of the block to fire wall, fan clearance and shifter positions. You also have to consider AC comp. position as well as PS pump clearance on the wheel. You will be fabbing motor mounts and modifying the stock cross member or building a new one. This is just one man's opinion and worth all you are paying for it.

I agree with the above, keep reading! Doing a swap is about compromises, a lot of them. Personally I do not locate the drive train based on an adapter location. I am looking for the best position of the block to fire wall, fan clearance and shifter positions. You also have to consider AC comp. position as well as PS pump clearance on the wheel. You will be fabbing motor mounts and modifying the stock cross member or building a new one. This is just one man's opinion and worth all you are paying for it.
Makes sense, I'm almost thinking of going all out with pulling the body off and starting there. Doing all the things it needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom