V8 Swap in SF bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Besides Mudrak who else in the greater bay area (San Francisco) does V8 swaps for a 60 series.

I have a co-worker that has an 86 and would like to have a v8 installed, preferably w/fuel injection. He want's to keep the 4 speed, but might go for a spring over as well.

Kelly

Kelly,

Is sumpin' wrong with Mudrak?

He's the man for this kinda stuff...

M

Kelly- Most anyone can do a v-8 swap. Its very easy. I did mine in a couple of weekends and I am no master fabricator. Just order the kit from AA and the engine from your favorite checy dealer. MAF will send you everything you need to. But, to ensure the best quality swap, and avoid wasted hours of labor, I would recommend someone like Mudrak. Gary is a great guy and a fine mechanic. The SOA is more technical, b/c you have to cut and rotate the balls. Anything having to do with balls I take very seriously. I would only trust my balls in the hands of a professional.

Kelly-Big thumbs up for Mudrak in my book. Excellent work and fair prices. He's done bunches of V-8 swaps. He's very practical and won't get you in over your head, in fact, I wouldn't be suprised if he tries to talk you out of it!

I would also recommend giving Mudrak a call. He can handle anything you want to do with a cruiser and much more.

v8 swap

I would highly recommend Breath of Fresh Air out in concord. He did a v8 swap for me on my 40, and I have seen him do v8's on 60's and 80's as well. He has been doin Land Cruisers only for years, check him out. 925-827-2080.

Last edited:
I've got nothing against Mudrak, just that he's always so busy and my co-worker wants it now.

I'll give him a call to see what his times are looking like.

I'm trying to convince my co-worker to do it himself with my help but he's not interested, he wants something turn key.

Thanks.

What engine is he looking to install? If it were me I would do a '99+ 5.3 or 6.0 LSx EFI engine coupled with the factory NV4500 or a 4L60E/4L80E automatic.

http://www.car-part.com is a good resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom