V8 FJ60 move trans back? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't have that issue with my Marks and I guess I don't really understand why you did. Was it because the angle of the tranny changed when you mated it to the V8?

Yep. We angled it a bit to get it lined up the way we wanted it. Just enough that I had to have a 1/2" taken off the drive shaft. Nothing major, like I said, I didn't even notice it till about 6 months later.

1. Do you know what kit was used for the V8 swap and approximately how long ago it was done?
The kit is a Downey, and it was done 60,000 miles ago to the best of my recollection.

2. If I remember correctly it's the stock Cruiser Transmission and Transfer case, correct?
correct

3. I remember the transmission was shifted forward and that doesn't seem to be the norm for the adaptor kits now. Which is why I ask #1 and #2.
I don't know but thats possible. He changed the radiator.

4. Were the driveshaft lengths adjusted to compensate? I have visions of flexing it out offroad and having the rear shaft slip apart on me. :)
Modified driveshafts were made to accommodate the length changes

5. What truck is the engine from? Any problems?
I don't know the model year I'm guessing from the 80s since it has a carb. All the mounts and stuff are solid and I haven't had any issues with them. John Timken (Timkin Ballbearing) custom made the
mount for the alternator etc. I don't get the feeling that John was a person who needs to spare expense or cut corners on an installation....guy appears to be extremely well healed.

So that answers some questions. I'm going to go see ti when he gets back to town and my truck is sold. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions then, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom