v8 conversion kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, looking to swap a v8 in. I am going to do all the work myself as it's something I have the tools and time for. I am starting to shop around. What I am wondering....does any company sell a kit that includes a mojority of the parts needed (minus the motor, trans transfer of course.) I am looking to try and get as many of the parts at once as I can, so any help would mean a lot. Thanks so much.

Keep in mind that there won't be a "bolt in kit". Look at Advance Adapters for Chevy motor to Toyota trannys. It's a great swap and don't that hard... just tedious. Keep posting specific questions if you have um.

Chris

TheGr8Doughboy said:
Keep in mind that there won't be a "bolt in kit".
I would disagree with this statement only in that with a later 60 and a Marks Adapter it's damn near a bolt-in kit. The only thing not plug and play is that the old motor mounts need cut out and new ones welded in.

Cruisergreg said:
I would disagree with this statement only in that with a later 60 and a Marks Adapter it's damn near a bolt-in kit. The only thing not plug and play is that the old motor mounts need cut out and new ones welded in.

Plus fab up exhaust.

Fab new Clutch linkage and fluid line.

"adjust" the t-case linkage depending on engine placement. (heated with torch, and bent mine.)

Fab throttle linkage.

Fab fan shroud if you use one.

Nothing all that hard but not bolt in. Unless someone makes a kit I don't know about. Downey Offroad was very helpfull with cluch fluid line and throttle linkage.

I completed a, SBC/Ranger Overdrive/factory 4 speed, swap a few months ago. Happy to help with any questions you may have. Man-A-Fre probably sells and all inclusive kit but not my favorite place to shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom