V8 bug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After having my wagon sit for about two years, I finally got around to starting my V8 swap after reading the ongoing Vortec swaps here in the forum. You all motivated me to start! Mine is going to be 350tbi though with a 700r4, AA adapter with Toy splitcase. I will be taking it slow since I have no experience with this and family takes priority...Here is this evening's progress (I had pulled the power train about a year ago)...I will be asking a lot of questions as this progresses.

Meatloaf:beer: :beer:
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG

sweet! you'll love it!

here's the power train...88 chevy tbi, 700r4, toy tc
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG

Get it on!

It's about time...Looking good. And fully understand the family thing. My wife beats me everytime I want to spend a weekend in the garage.:beer:

I see some major problems with that setup.....

I sure hope that's not Ford blue :flipoff2: You'll like the 350 for road driving.

I see some major problems with that setup.....

I sure hope that's not Ford blue :flipoff2: You'll like the 350 for road driving.

The spray can said Chevy on it:grinpimp: ...I kept up with (and learned from) your conversion thread...I hope I don't run into too many problems. Man, can't wait to get it back on the road again. :cheers:

Luis

you're as good as there already! make some mounts, drop it it, wire and plumb, drive it!

I got the mounts but might go with different ones...I'm a little worried about engine alignment. For wiring, I had ordered a Fuel Injection Specities harness and the eprom for the ECU. For cooling, I am debating mechanical vs electric fan???

I can't wait to drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom