1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v8 700r and driveshafts

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by talkinggoat, Feb 29, 2004.

1. talkinggoat

talkinggoat

i've been reading over some of the posts and have found that quite a few people have made mods to the drive shafts. with a 350, 700r, and an adapter from sor, will i be able to keep all the stock drive shaft lengths? in other words, will i have to modify things behind the xfer case?

2. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

It depends on your V-8 placement, but i think it would be very unlikely that your transfer case will end up in exactly the same place, meaning, yes, you would have to change your driveshaft length.

3. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    There is absolutely, positively no possible way to keep your stock driveshafts.

You will be enjoying yourself, no doubt.

4. helocat

helocat Tube is your buddy! Supporting Vendor

I run this set up with the AA adapter, and both shafts have to be modified. In fact I also used the AA front shaft smaller u-joint set up off the t-case. This is due to the 700R4 being off set to the right, :mad: Right into our drive lines. BUT the 30% over drive and the 3:1 first makes up for everything! 8)

I have heard of people using the stock u-joint off the t-case in the front, but never seen it. (tight spot!)

This is a great set up, you get the best of both worlds in gearing and auto.

Mark

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Isn't that where Nolen had to grind on the case a little to make his trans fit?