V-8 AA Motor Mounts Clashing W/Exhaust Manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the exhaust manifolds off today and thankfully I didn't break and studs (whew!). After I get the engine and the rest of the drivetrain in there I'll look at the steering and see what I can fit in there. I've always liked headers with the exception of them leaking from time to time so I may go that route.

if you want headers let me know i just took mine off, you can have them, cheap...

Hey Camcruiser, Don't you need the heat riser spacer for the walker Y pipe? If you do, where did you get the riser or spacer?
Thanks, Ken

I wasn't sure where to find a spacer for the Walker, so I cut the straight portion of the passenger side up pipe and welded in an extension. Worked great for me.

Clint

BTW this is going in a 55 and I currently have a Saginaw PS so I'm assuming my steering may not be as big of an issue as usual. I took another look at things out in the shop after the original post and also did some measuring. It appears that I have a pretty good bit of room for options but what I plan on doing is removing these manifolds and going ahead and putting the engine in (at least temporaryily) before I decide which route to go. That way I can see exactly how much room I have. Thanks for the replies so far and keep the info coming!
Howdy! Those manifolds like a lot like mine, which are from a 77 Chevy Caprice (full size sedan). I had to notch the top of the mount due to the same clearance issue. Mine just clears the steering column. I have a Sag PS setup, but it is behind the radiator support. kind of tight, but it works. My Piggy has SOA and SR, so I ran the exhaust under the frame, over the springs, and then tucked turbos up close to the floor between the frame and the rocker panels. I bolted my engine/trans/tranny all together before I did my "positioning work". That way I knew it was all going to fit later. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom