UZJ100R - All windows except drivers fail to open or close, out of the blue. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi again all.
Long time no post.
Just the other day, all the windows stopped going up or down, accept for the drivers window.
This is from both the drivers controller, or from the switch on each door.
I removed the door trim, reseated the connector to the switch.
Intermittently I have had the rear left working, and less common the rear right, but never the passenger (Left) window working.
I've tried to jiggle, wobble the cables while pressing on the switch.
I've disassembled the switch and cleaned it, despite the circuit board looking pristine.
I don't think its the driver's window override lock button, as I've cleaned that, and, when one of them is intermittent, activating that switch disables/enables it correctly.
I've disconnected the three plugs going from the wiring loom to the body ECU? in the right hand drivers footwell, and sprayed in contact cleaner on them, and done the same on the connector to the switch.
It seemed a bit better, I had both rear working, but then they stopped again.

Reading some posts - some people have found cracked wires where the loom passes through the rubber gromet thingy near the door hinge, but I have tried wiggling that, moving it, with no change...

Any suggestions?
I guess I will have to pull the loom out and check it, but thought it could potentially be something else.
A resistance check on all the wires is probably worth doing I guess.

While I have had a few issues with a small amount of water getting in down the A pillar, which has caused issues in the past - such as activating the hazzard lights, this occurred after several days of zero rain.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Damn. Just happened to me. I found this post while researching. Both my rear windows work, but neither of my front windows. And the driver failed first, then a day or two later the passenger front window failed…

I guess a lack of response to your post means I’m SOL…

About a month ago my rear driver vent window stopped working and then on Saturday my driver rear window stopped working. Neither the master switch nor the switch in the back seat work. I havent started trouble shooting but maybe bumping this post to the top will get some replied from people that have had a similar issue. If I figure it out, I'll let you know

Damn. Just happened to me. I found this post while researching. Both my rear windows work, but neither of my front windows. And the driver failed first, then a day or two later the passenger front window failed…

I guess a lack of response to your post means I’m SOL…
Hi @BOSS Hogand @JUNIORZ7604.
Sorry to hear you're (both) in a similar predicament.
Mine semi-resolved itself by itself - I don't know how though I'm afraid.

The rear driver side window (Right hand - I'm in Australia) window will still fail to activate either from the driver's controls or the one on the door.
However, when I try to activate it from the driver's controls , I can hear a small noise from the door like a relay is activating, so this makes me think it may be in the window motor itself.
All the other windows have been operating fine since then.

Sorry I cannot provide the answer.
My guess would still be a crack or crack in one or more wires in the loom where it goes from the drivers door to the cabin, or perhaps moisture getting into the body ECU.
If I work out the right rear passenger door, I'll post it here.

Hi again all.
Long time no post.
Just the other day, all the windows stopped going up or down, accept for the drivers window.
This is from both the drivers controller, or from the switch on each door.
I removed the door trim, reseated the connector to the switch.
Intermittently I have had the rear left working, and less common the rear right, but never the passenger (Left) window working.
I've tried to jiggle, wobble the cables while pressing on the switch.
I've disassembled the switch and cleaned it, despite the circuit board looking pristine.
I don't think its the driver's window override lock button, as I've cleaned that, and, when one of them is intermittent, activating that switch disables/enables it correctly.
I've disconnected the three plugs going from the wiring loom to the body ECU? in the right hand drivers footwell, and sprayed in contact cleaner on them, and done the same on the connector to the switch.
It seemed a bit better, I had both rear working, but then they stopped again.

Reading some posts - some people have found cracked wires where the loom passes through the rubber gromet thingy near the door hinge, but I have tried wiggling that, moving it, with no change...

Any suggestions?
I guess I will have to pull the loom out and check it, but thought it could potentially be something else.
A resistance check on all the wires is probably worth doing I guess.

While I have had a few issues with a small amount of water getting in down the A pillar, which has caused issues in the past - such as activating the hazzard lights, this occurred after several days of zero rain.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
There is button to disable all windows except driver's. from your description I would check that button connection first. if any dirt or water get into, that button will keep in close position, disable all the other windows.

one thing you can check if all the lights on the buttons for windows control on driver door are on during night. if they are off, that means it is logically disabled by the computer.

There is button to disable all windows except driver's. from your description I would check that button connection first. if any dirt or water get into, that button will keep in close position, disable all the other windows.

one thing you can check if all the lights on the buttons for windows control on driver door are on during night. if they are off, that means it is logically disabled by the computer.
Hi @sunfic.
Thanks for your input.
Yes, I was aware of that button, however it is ONLY the right rear window that has an issue.
It will not respond to the button on the door itself, or from the driver's controls, however the left hand front and rear windows respond to both the door and driver buttons.

My driver side rear window won’t respond to the master switch or the switch in that seat. Are y’all windows (including the rear vent windows) on the same fuse?

My driver side rear window won’t respond to the master switch or the switch in that seat. Are y’all windows (including the rear vent windows) on the same fuse?
If they are all on the same fues, then I doubt that it would be a fuse issue. My two rear windows work; it’s just my two front windows that don’t.

Which fuse is it by the way? I looked at the two likely fuse boxes and couldn’t tell which one would be for the motors…

If they are all on the same fues, then I doubt that it would be a fuse issue. My two rear windows work; it’s just my two front windows that don’t.

Which fuse is it by the way? I looked at the two likely fuse boxes and couldn’t tell which one would be for the motors…
I’m not sure which fuse it is. I haven’t had time to investigate it and tear stuff apart. I hope it’s simple solution but I’m hoping someone that’s experienced this and fixed it has some insight.

The wiring diagram for the power windows is on pages 250-255 in the electrical wiring diagram (EWD), in the 2004 FSM at least.

Attachments

• EWD.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 33
Update: popped the trim off that holds the switch in place and the switch got lose and was unplugged. Plugged it in and it works again. Still need to figure out the the rear vent window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom