1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UZJ100 Tail Light Replacement

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by madams557, Feb 6, 2004.

1. madams557

madams557

My wife’s 99 UZJ100 has a Tail light out in the drop down tailgate. It appears that in need to remove the panel to get to the bulb. Anything I should worry about or any secrets to make the job easier?

Michael

2. Augie

Augie

Yep you have to remove the inner panel. Just be careful when prying off the plastic snaps.

3. mustardfj40

mustardfj40

I've just changed the bulbs on the tailgate, it was really simple, just pry the pannel out nicely.

/td

4. madams557

madams557

Do I need a special tool or will a flat tip work?

5. BillWms01

BillWms01

I think I used a flat screwdriver to pop out the thingee's holding the panel in. Key is to take your time; don't rush itl.

6. greglomax

greglomax

I had this problem and here is how I got the panel off. I have $1.00 grill fork that has the tines close together. I used this and slipped it under the panel where the rubber insert pieces were and slowly lifted up. They came out extremely easy. I went ahead and changed both sides so I did not have to go through this again for a while, but having the grill fork really made it easy. Hope that helps someone.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">