UZJ100 Power antenna replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SpaceGhost

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
My wife's antenna is broken internally, it doesn't go up and down any more, but the motor runs. Dealer told the wife the repair was easy and she ordered the replacement stalk.

How do I remove the old parts that are broke and install the new stalk? I'm not near the Cruiser but the part came in so I thought I'd ask here before I go home and break it worse :-[

Thanks........................

oooops this is a 2000 100 series Cruiser

Space,
Here yo go:
remove the round chrome nut at the base of the antenna. Have an assistant press the "up" button. Guide, assist, pull if required, the mast upward. The mast and its nylon feeder will come out. After you get it out compare the length of the feeders to make sure all of the old one came out. If they are the same, take the new mast and insert the feeder into the antenna body and have your assistant push the "down" button. Guide the mast back into the antenna. Put the nut back on and you are done. If some of the feeder is left inside the antenna, that's another story. The antenna has to come out on the bench and be torn down to get the remains out, then put back togther and then back into the vehicle, without the mast. Then install the mast as described above.

Regards....Dan :beer:

CDan- Jeez, you ARE the man. :bow: Only one problem - I've looked all around mine and can't find the assistant. I even looked in the FSM. :dunno:
Bill

Bill,

Look in the fridge...............Passenger seat, right?

Mike,
Post back if you think some of the feeder is left in the motor assembly. It's not necessary to completely remove the motor. I'm not sure on the 100 series, but on the 80 series the antenna wire is not removable from the motor and to put the motor on the bench requires removing dash and radio to unplug the antenna wire.
-B-

The feeder is serviced as part of the antenna assembly for 91 thru 96. 97's use the toothed type feeder as seen on 100's.

The 91-96 mast is just the telescoping metal bits. It screws to the end of the feeder with teensy threads.

Thanks Dan and B! I'll check it out after dinner. Oh, is there a right way (orientation) to feeding the new nylon toothed end back in, or is it obvious?

Pay attention when it comes out. As I recall, the teeth face forward................... :beer:

top tip, if like me, your "tiny thread" breaks off your nylon cable on an 80 then as an option to replacing the entire antenna motor assembly, you can buy the antenna kit for an 85 4runner which has the same drum as an 80. It's not a perfect fit, but it will save you $130.

Hey hey! The first 100 series post! I was starting to wonder were all the 100 series SORer's went. May be more will show up here. :D

Hey hey! The first 100 series post! I was starting to wonder were all the 100 series SORer's went. May be more will show up here. :D

Well...................... don't wanna spoil your fun, but I'm not an ex SORer. Long time 40 owner, that bought the wife a new 100 series back in 2000. This is the second problem in it's lifetime, both were easy fixes with the wisdom of fellow Cruiserheads! Thanks.

Now if ya need some help with a coil over/linked suspension, or TBI's on F or 2F's, or swapping a sm420 into your wheeler, or find the new splitcase (unit 001) ToyBox from Marlin interesting, I just might be able to give ya a hand :G

Welcome to all the SORer's! Glad to have ya aboard! If ya wanna know more about this bonehead called 'SpaceGhost" here's my web site http://www.iei.net/~msmythe/

Catch ya later,
Mike

Anyone done this on a 2003+ truck?

Mine is a 2006, exact same problem. Wondering if any changes from earlier models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom