1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UZJ100 Driver Side Window SQUEAK

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by madams557, Feb 6, 2004.

1. madams557

madams557

My wife’s 99 UZJ100 makes a horrible squeak when it is lowered. The squeak is loudest the first time and then quiets a bit when moved up and down, up and down. Also, sometimes it doesn’t make the horrible noise, more so when it is raining out.

Owning a FZJ80, I’ve read about them having a similar problem and the solution seems to be to tear the door apart and grease the mechanisms. I figure the same can be done with the UZJ100.

Has anyone had the same problem? Anyone find a fix that doesn’t involve tearing the door panel off? Is there anything that I need to watch out for?

Michael

2. ELLTEE

ELLTEE

Michael -
    I haven't had the problem, but the only solution seems to be tearing into the door. My experience with other vehicles is that I always tear up at least one or two of the pastic clips, so these days I try to make a trip by the dealership parts store (or C-Dan's Smart Shopper Window) before I even start. :whoops:

LT
    8)