UZJ100 Driver Side Window SQUEAK

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by madams557, Feb 6, 2004.

1. madams557

madams557

My wife’s 99 UZJ100 makes a horrible squeak when it is lowered. The squeak is loudest the first time and then quiets a bit when moved up and down, up and down. Also, sometimes it doesn’t make the horrible noise, more so when it is raining out.

Owning a FZJ80, I’ve read about them having a similar problem and the solution seems to be to tear the door apart and grease the mechanisms. I figure the same can be done with the UZJ100.

Has anyone had the same problem? Anyone find a fix that doesn’t involve tearing the door panel off? Is there anything that I need to watch out for?

Michael

2. ELLTEE

ELLTEE

Michael -
    I haven't had the problem, but the only solution seems to be tearing into the door. My experience with other vehicles is that I always tear up at least one or two of the pastic clips, so these days I try to make a trip by the dealership parts store (or C-Dan's Smart Shopper Window) before I even start. :whoops:

LT
    8)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.