UZJ100 Battery, Alternator and Ground Cable Kits - "Big Three Cable Kit" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the positive cable to the starter (plus kit), but this one will be tricky. I will post some pics so everyone understands. I have made some good progress on the battery terminal extensions and plan to release those soon.

What exactly is this kit for?

Honestly, I'm looking for some help with this one. Is there someone who is willing or planning to replace their starter any time soon? If so, I'll make them a killer deal if they could message me

Hey all...looking for some input. I have the extensions fully designed and am close to getting samples cut. Wondering if anyone sees an advantage to using this extension on the negative terminal. It seems like it really isn't needed for the negative, but makes total sense on the positive with the attachments on that post. To use a mil spec terminal on the negative post, it requires modification to the OEM cables. The battery terminal is crimped onto the cables that go to the engine and inner fender. There would be a simple permanent modification that would be required to make this work on those two cables. Does anyone see an issue with permanently modifying the OEM negative battery terminal to work with the mil spec battery terminal?

@Fourrunner Looks like 2005+ trucks have a different path for the firewall cable. Any interest in making two versions of your kit?

Has anyone done the block to firewall ground in an 06LX? Mine looks different from all the photos in the thread so far. Instead of diving down between the T’s to the block it goes into the big loo right there and I can’t see where it comes out. Also, there’s a bracket that’s like a steel tube on the back of the engine that I don’t see in the other photos. That big loom goes through this bracket and it completely blocks my view to anything below.

View attachment 2484978

Joins loom underneath inside bend:
View attachment 2484979

Looking down past T’s:
View attachment 2484980

Big loom enters bracket just under all that glare:View attachment 2484981

Jerryb tracked it down:

I used 30" lug to lug. 29" would be fine also.

Hey there, I've got a '99 cruiser and I would like to upgrade my ground cables but I also could use some military style battery terminals. I'm curious if you're still working on the Big Three Plus kit and if you have an estimated date for the release of it? Thanks

Think you sent me an email. Am still working on the Plus Plus kit. Have the alternator cable close (hoping this week) and the ground for the starter and body ground are still under development.

Mark

Wondering if anyone sees an advantage to using this extension on the negative terminal. It seems like it really isn't needed for the negative, but makes total sense on the positive with the attachments on that post. To use a mil spec terminal on the negative post, it requires modification to the OEM cables. The battery terminal is crimped onto the cables that go to the engine and inner fender. There would be a simple permanent modification that would be required to make this work on those two cables. Does anyone see an issue with permanently modifying the OEM negative battery terminal to work with the mil spec battery terminal?
Not sure if you ever made a decision on this but I plan on cutting the existing OEM connector on the negative cable to accommodate a military terminal and an extension. I keep having problems with the stock terminal connectors loosening and want a permanent fix. After being willing to permanently modify the neg. cable the extension just allows for more mounting options vs. only the military terminal.

By the way, Slee's terminal extensions are not currently in stock, but they have introduced some huge billet pieces that are overkill, and over my budget. The extension drawing you posted in the discussion thread looks amazing and I would be in for a set regardless of the actual cable kit.

Not sure if you ever made a decision on this but I plan on cutting the existing OEM connector on the negative cable to accommodate a military terminal and an extension. I keep having problems with the stock terminal connectors loosening and want a permanent fix. After being willing to permanently modify the neg. cable the extension just allows for more mounting options vs. only the military terminal.

By the way, Slee's terminal extensions are not currently in stock, but they have introduced some huge billet pieces that are overkill, and over my budget. The extension drawing you posted in the discussion thread looks amazing and I would be in for a set regardless of the actual cable kit.
Did you plan to crimp a new terminal to the negative cable?

Got them today! Thanks again!

20210527_135138.jpg

I still need to try and track down an alternator cable.
Maybe @prwillard2 would be able to get you a length on his alternator cable while he is in there to get the upgraded cable as an option finalized on your kits? Looks like he might have a 2001 LX...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom