UZJ-100 & HDJ-100 lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
15Sep2003 (UTC -7)

I don't have a write-up, but do check out the pics on my website for lifted 100-series Land Cruisers. The part where it says "Pieter" has blue-painted metal, is a custom design by a Russian 80sCOOL buddy (who unfortunately died before telling me all his fabrication secrets). If you can study the pics and share your observations in this forum on how to make it real, it'll be most welcome.

A rough plan for just lowering the diffs is in another pic, sketched over a copy of a Toyota Factory Service manual. It's by Doron Strassman, and along with his truck has done the same mod for John Shotts also.

If you need the lift fr bigger tyres, cut the fenders instead, as all those bits under there havent increased clearance.

Where as a panel beater could do a nice trim, cut and weld, and still look factory, especially in the rear where you could move axle back to save cutting doors.

I will check out. I may actually need them, if I make an "A" average in college I get a lift, or atleast my dad will pay for part of it. Hopefully I'll be emailing you come December :D

Wish me luck!

-Matt

15Sep2003 (UTC -7)

[quote author=80and100cruisers link=board=2;threadid=5305;start=msg41600#msg41600 date=1063685290]
I will check out. I may actually need them, if I make an "A" average in college I get a lift, or atleast my dad will pay for part of it. Hopefully I'll be emailing you come December :D

Wish me luck!

-Matt
[/quote]

Anything for The Cause! Good luck dude!

[quote author=80and100cruisers link=board=2;threadid=5305;start=msg41600#msg41600 date=1063685290]
Wish me luck!
-Matt
[/quote]
Gee Matt. SOunds rough. Sure you don't want an H2 instead? ??? :flipoff2: :D

Gimmie some credit....H2=POS. Now if you giving away 40s...

I have lights custom mounted on bumper, to avoid a grille gaurd.

The funny part is the cruiser parts are more motivation for doing well than getting a job. :flipoff2:

-Matt

Have a look at the lift kits for IFS mini trucks 86 - 95, Trailmaster, Rancho, Superlift. They are all a little different, but pretty much what your foreign buddy built. There's also lifts for the Tacoma, which has a rack and pinion steering like your cruiser, that may offer you some ideas. Lastly, there are many 'long arm' kits for the mini IFS, they give lift and increase travel w/o lowering the diff.

You are pretty much after keeping the CV joints, ball joints, and tie rods at appropriate operating angles. The above kits should give you an idea of the ways to do it. I'll be happy to help ya if I can. :eek:

Drexx,

The biggest obstacle is the making the knuckles. It requires a large tooling investment up front. The rest is easy stuff. Cutting up some stock and welding. Judging by the pictures, they did not do a very professional job. Maybe it was only the prototype.
As to the knuckles, Pieter had some casting house make the molds (left and right) and then turn (machine) all the bearing surfaces and drill the tapered holes. I wish we could find out who got the mold now.

Doron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom