Uwharrie work day Saturday 23rd || Cancelled || (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
From Terry

Hi Everyone – I’m sorry for the late notice about the February 23rd work day but I wanted to make sure we’d be up and running. We’re going to keep it simple due to the short timing. We’ll meet this Saturday at 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. Mike Beck & Brock Stovall will be working with you this weekend. We’re going to work on clearing trees and large branches from the trails, picking up trash at trailheads, camping areas and long the trails and installing orange diamonds with the trail # decals on them along the trails. You’re going to go in at the Dutch John Trailhead and do the majority of trails that can be accessed from that area and then you’ll meet up with Mike & Brock back at the trailhead by 2:30 pm so you don’t get locked in.

Please wear appropriate footwear (closed toed), work clothes, work gloves and bring food and water. We’ll supply trash bags, signs, decals & orange diamonds, etc. The next work day is planned for March 23rd.
Thank you all for your help. We appreciate it. Bye - Terry
If

If I Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
MS Forest Resources / Watershed Management
District Recreation Staff Officer

Forest Service
National Forests in North Carolina, Uwharrie National Forest
p: 910-576-6391
f: 910-576-4171

tsavery@fs.fed.us
789 NC Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371

me too, hoperfully it isn't cancelled due to all the rain.

I want to ,but already have plans.

Ill be there, Maybe +1 if dad goes

I am trying to fit this in my schedule. Wont know until late Friday though. So maybe I will see you guys out there.

We are out due to kid's activites :(

I'm hoping to make this my first club event. Haven't figured out how to join the club online yet, but I can find my way to join everyone at Uwharrie!
The website should be working.

You don’t have to bring a built rig out. But it will be slicker then snot out there with all the rain. You can always just drive out there and ride with someone else. I’m sure you’re more then welcome to ride with me and my dad @fourtrax if we have room in the truck. The trails that will be connect to where we will working are back side of Daniel. Rocky mount loops. Dutch John. Wolfs den. And I think falls dam. Those first three when it rains as much as it has are pretty difcult without recovery gear and lockers. The last 2 you can get away with.

The work day has been cancelled due to weather.

Hi Everyone – I’m cancelling the OHV Work day that we had scheduled for this Saturday, February 23rd. I’m sorry, but it has been way too wet and the contractor has not started the trail maintenance and I think having vehicles out there will do more damage and put you and your vehicles at risk due to the conditions of these trails. I’m hoping we’ll be able to have a good work day on March 23rd.

Thanks for the update Eric. I was tentatively out as my alternator went out so this will give me a little extra time.

Good call on canceling the work day event. More rain expected today/ tomorrow/ Sunday and those trails get nice n slick with just a little rain. Here's to hoping the March event is a go.

Thanks for the update Eric. I was tentatively out as my alternator went out so this will give me a little extra time.

Again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom