Uwharrie on Sunday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning on heading over to Uwharrie on Sunday.

Anyone else have any interest in going?

Andy

What are you driving? Unless you are slightly lifted in your wagons, you'll be dragging a bit here and there. Nothing major, but the last 80 did a bit more of that than he wanted.

rutbeer said:
What are you driving? Unless you are slightly lifted in your wagons, you'll be dragging a bit here and there. Nothing major, but the last 80 did a bit more of that than he wanted.

Yep, I am very familiar with the dragging the unlifted wagon thing. I've always taken my unlifted 80 to Uwharrie. I always manage OK by going very slowly and taking very conservative lines. The tow hitch gets the snot beat out of it but I'd rather that than the rear bumper. Lift and tires coming soon...

On Sunday I am taking my 40. Riding with the guys at Tellico over the weekend really made me want to get the 40 on the trail.

Andy

Andy, my 40's still not up to running but I'd be willing to ride. When you planning on going up? Need a copilot?

Rob

I have got to help a friend move into a lake house on friday and saturday up at lake gaston, but if we finish up early on saturday and get back to raleigh i might be available to ride. I will be in touch andy.

Robad said:
Andy, my 40's still not up to running but I'd be willing to ride. When you planning on going up? Need a copilot?

Rob

Hey Rob,

Sorry. Just saw your note.

Shotgun to Uwharrie is def open. Once there, I'm trying to figure out who's going and who's riding where. I got an inquiry about shotgun on the trails earlier this week but haven't confirmed it. As you may / may not remember, my 40 just has front seats, no rear.

Might just be 2 vehicles on this ride unless other people jump in. Either way, there should be room in the other vehicle - though it is a Rover... :D

Andy

southerncruiser62 said:
I have got to help a friend move into a lake house on friday and saturday up at lake gaston, but if we finish up early on saturday and get back to raleigh i might be available to ride. I will be in touch andy.

Yeah, just let me know Greg. I'll be around all weekend until I head out Sunday morning. You've got my e-mail and cell I think.

It would be cool if you made it so we had more than 2 trucks on the trails.

Bring your Cruiser to Lake Gaston and head to Uwharrie from there - WAY less mileage than going back to Raleigh and then back to Uwharrie...

We could convoy from Charlotte.

Andy

I'd like to go, but Saturdays are easier for me than Sundays. If my wife has school on Saturday, then my schedule is free....and if she does, then Sunday is "our" day and she has little interest in going on the trail.

rutbeer said:
I'd like to go, but Saturdays are easier for me than Sundays. If my wife has school on Saturday, then my schedule is free....and if she does, then Sunday is "our" day and she has little interest in going on the trail.

Sunday just "happened" to be the better day this time.

If things change for you at the last minute, we'll be at the Outpost at 10am on Sunday.

Andy,
Cool I've never been wheelin up there only driven by the trail head. Let me know if you think you'll have an opening for shotgun. I'd be willing to ride in just about anything.

Rob

Hey Rob,

Yep, you're welcome to ride gun to the trail. Be warned though - it's not your normal "ride" with it being sprung over and on 37's.

Also, I am having some electrical snafus and the CD player is currently inoperable so it will be a lot of listening to the 2F whine... :D

With only one extra seat, we'll just rotate riders on the trail once we get there.

Should be fun!!

First time for the 40 at Uwharrie!!

:cheers:

Andy

Well, how did it go? I didn't hear back from ya, hope yall had fun. Did the rover break?

Man, I didn't realize I owed you a call. My apologies, dude. I was out of pocket all weekend...

Figured you'd track down Greg if you freed up yesterday.

It was an awesome time. Let's just say that the 40's first trip put Uwharrie in a different perspective for me. Things that used to be nerve wracking or difficult were minor obstructions along the way.

Hey, I didn't take the ATV trail at Kodak. :flipoff2: ;)

Locked 'em up and took a pretty tough line right through the middle.

Pretty big peanut gallery making comments all over the top of the hill.

I'll post some pics later today. Wish at least another Cruiser made it. It was me and Robad in the 40 and a few Discos.

How long does it take you to get there? Like I said, Saturdays are better for me or later on Sundays, but I can be there in an hour + and will definitley go two more times before they close for the season.
That's funny, there was a peanut gallery the time I went last year too....same deal. "rev it up dude!" etc, etc.... With the SM420,ARB's, nerfs, and 33's, I could pretty much take any line I wanted and my truck looked nothing like yours.

No worries. I was on the fence about going but at the last minute with some helpful comments from your PM i decided i'd tag along. Next time.

Alex

rutbeer said:
How long does it take you to get there? Like I said, Saturdays are better for me or later on Sundays, but I can be there in an hour + and will definitley go two more times before they close for the season.
That's funny, there was a peanut gallery the time I went last year too....same deal. "rev it up dude!" etc, etc.... With the SM420,ARB's, nerfs, and 33's, I could pretty much take any line I wanted and my truck looked nothing like yours.

Takes me about an hour and a half.

It will be hard for me to get there before mid-September (which is why I squeezed this trip in) but I would like to go at least another half dozen times before they close for winter.

Fall is awesome at Uwharrie!! :D

Peanut gallery was entertaining - lots of "Git'er dun" being shouted down the hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom