Uwharrie OHV Work Day Nov 19th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone – I wanted to let you know that this weekend’s OHV work day will not have any FS employees at the work day. Kyle will be patrolling the trails instead. We have been doing a lot of work for the US Capitol Christmas Tree so did not have time to plan projects and get supplies ready for Saturday. If you or your club is going to come up to do work on the OHV Trails tasks to do are clearing back brush, limbs and removing logs or large branches that are in the trail tread/corridor, using shovels to clear out any berms blocking the tail ditches, picking up trash. This December the OHV Trails will be closing on Thursday, December 15th, 2022. Next spring the OHV Trails will be opening on Friday, March 31st and then closing on Monday, December 18, 2023.

If you’re chainsaw certified and have your saw and all of your proper safety equipment / PPE you can clear and buck up any trees that have come down since the trails were cleared following Hurricane Ian. Make sure to have a swamper with you that also has their proper safety equipment / PPE to help you.

If anyone or group does do volunteer work this weekend please send me a summary of the work you did including the number of people, number of hours and tasks that you did. Thanks.

A big project that we’ll be working on in January and February (if needed) is completing the Lakeview Trail signage, installation of reflectors on the post and cable barricades. We plan on opening up Lakeview Trail on March 31st of 2023 with a big ribbon cutting that you’ll all be invited too. I’m very excited that Lakeview Trail is actually getting built and I know you all are too.

Thank you for your continued help on the forest and on the trail system. We appreciate it. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom