Uwharrie 29 April- 1 May (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
Uwharrie 29 April- 1 May in Southeast: What upgrades or tech needed if you come

There are a couple threads going around...one by 2000UZJ and one by me for the same event but wanted to make sure it got visibility.

A group of 100 owners are trying to meet up in Uwharrie Forest and run the 4x4 trails on the dates mentioned. I have already reserved the Badin Lake Group Camp site A, which holds 50 people.

Here is a thread with links for directions and such....if interested. Please post on link below if attending or thinking about it so we can make sure we have enough room.

Though primarily for 100 series.....all Land Cruisers are welcome to join us...so bring your tired FJ40, your poor FJ60/62, your weary 80 series, or your young FJC....:steer:

As you can see, a stock LC/LX with tires and sliders is more than enough to do 99% of trails. I would not go with anything less than rock sliders.....

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sc-swamp-fox-land-cruisers/474300-uwharrie-29-april-1-may.html
4852299147_50ef422edd_b.jpg
4852378871_6020583283_b.jpg
lowcountry summer sizzle 052 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
More 100's the better.

On a tech note: we should disable your DRL's. It's pretty simple And how did your stock bumper hold on? Get a few bumps?

Mod- please don't move it. We will keep it semi tech.

Well since those pics I have installed the BIOR front bumper with a 12k winch and LED turn signals integrated to pick up from the bumper mounted ones by LEXUS. Yeah I would like to be able to disable DRLs as needed....I actually use them to drive back into woods in dark during hunting season so I dont blast light all over the place....and scare off the turkeys or deer along the entrance.

Stock bumpers took a few hits but guess I was lucky it never got ripped off...LOL

On the Uwharrie Run a stock vehicle will do fine with all terrain tires (all weather if it is bone dry will work)....and rock sliders. I personally would not go without rock sliders or with running boards left in place. I know some have and been fine but depending on rain, trail use, and such the rocks and obstacles do change and would rather be safe than sorry.
BumpItOffroad Front Bumper 008.jpg
4852982334_b6e83bca39_b.jpg
5240.jpg

Im in

Yukon,

Can you click on link i put in original post above and just do same thing there so we can keep run registration and logistics there...and keep this thread about upgrades, technical wheeling or other questions about our 100s on these trails....thanks buddy. See you there.

BTW I will be in DC area on 28 April....

I ran everything except Daniel at URE completely stock the first year I went with 285/75/16 MT's.... It rained most of the time and the very agressive mud terrains helped tremendously when things got nasty... It was a blast however... If you lose your running boards and run an all terrain / mud terrain you will be able to do 80% of the trails just fine...:beer:

Brock - I've been planning on coming all along! I have a group that goes around this time every year now; this will be our 4th year in a row... Only 1 other guy in my group has a Toyota; mostly *eeps and other modded varieties of trail rigs plus some 4 wheelers too... The only other Toyota guy in my group has a pretty nicely modded FJ Cruiser brick red like you had IIRC... I'll be brining the "tired old FJ40" too; towing it behind my 100 arriving the 28th or late night on the 27th... We usually camp near the Arrowhead campground close to the shooting range...

Tech below v
Recent work done to the 100 to prepare for this trip:

- oil change - fresh mobile 1
- new Toyota cv boot kits on both sides (old ones blowing grease since lifting)
- new diff seals on both sides
- new hub seals
- wheel bearings repacked
- new diff fluids
- brake controller installed (to tow the FJ40)
- 4 gauge power run to rear of vehicle w external fuse box for camp goodies
- CB reinstalled
- new Ironman shocks
- BIOR diff drop
- new coin pocket installed (important)
- will have a new set of mystery tires on in the next week
- hoping LED's from pfran arrive before trip for max visibility in forest

:cheers:

See you there and welcome to park your FJ40 and Hundy at our Group Camp....we got room for you.

Yeah I have syn in engine...new fluids in diffs and transfer case, rotated all 5 tires, replaced gasket and filled CO2 tank for tire refills and running impact wrench..

Installing IronMan suspension on Saturday and ripping out the AHC completely... :D

Brock said:
Spare parts from AHC going to Agaisin....cant wait to get it done tomorrow with its maiden voyage to Uwharrie for a shake down! :D

Can't wait to see it. I'll be putting my front sway bar back on for the drive. I feel a bit better with it on (mentally). The whole truck just leans like it's going to tip over at low speed corners.

Adding tie downs and some more stuff to my rear storage system. Need to still get my FRB on. I have one on the front, need to get the other one on too.

you are more than welcome...i plan on being to camp site no later than 3 or 4. I will set up and then go to Eldorado Outpost to wait on anyone that wants to follow me to camp later.

I'm slammed with work right now but I'm not counting myself out just yet. I probably won't be in or out for sure until I get through Monday of that week. :(

Argh!

I've got to take a bunch of scouts to spring camporee that weekend!

I was planning to make another URE event this weekend. I was in CHarlotte until earlier today, but a number of issues including weather forecast have me back in Knoxville tonight.

I'm so ready for a trip like this. Probably won't make this one, but with a few months I should have my ATs and sliders (hopefully a lift). Then it's on!

Griffin....in September there is the run to same place...check my threads in Swamp Fox. Now called Carolina Cruise but going to be changed to LOGANS RUN in honor of young man and fellow cruiser head that was killed in accident last week from that area.

yeah you might need the sliders for sure :D

Brock said:
Griffin....in September there is the run to same place...check my threads in Swamp Fox. Now called Carolina Cruise but going to be changed to LOGANS RUN in honor of young man and fellow cruiser head that was killed in accident last week from that area.

yeah you might need the sliders for sure :D

I'll be at that one as well.

I'm so ready for a trip like this. Probably won't make this one, but with a few months I should have my ATs and sliders (hopefully a lift). Then it's on!

Come on up, I'm sure you will be fine :)

Pm me if you want to know more outside of the thread ( when I'm leaving, route, and specific times)

I talked with Steve tonight and we are debating caravanning up together.

awfully tempting, really, but I'm that guy who shows ill prepared and ends up rolling a rig into a creek or something.:doh: I'll be ready soon, I hope.

For now I'll just manage the wifey yelling "watch the road!" because I'm rubber necking down every road looking for a powerline, a non posted dirt road, or just a cut in the woods to explore here closer to home. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom