Uwharrie 2014 Workdays / Happenings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Here is the post for the 2014 URE happenings that i get going every year, but this year i would like to ask for a favor from EVERYONE in the club. I would like for EVERYONE of you to make ONE workday this year. Even if it is just during an ONSC one it will count. I am asking for 4 hours work from each and everyone of you out there. I know that also has to include travel time for you so that time would be added to whatever your travel time is. I made every workday we had these last 2 years and a few extra. I know that everyone has family and family functions to do, but come on. One day out of the year, that really can not be asking too much of you to save our local wheeling place for NC for the next generation. Your kids. Think about it, do you not want to have a place for your kids to be able to enjoy the out doors ?????

Now again, we can put together our own workdays to work on our trail or another one that needs help. or you can even do it on your own, but it needs to be work not just wheeling the trails. Now, let me add this also. Even though the trails are closed during the winter understand i can make a call and get us out there to work on a trail during this down time. It is too easy to get the gate opened to do a workday, but it will be that, a workday. Will there be some wheeling on the trail ? Yes, but only to get where we need to and maybe a little extra thrown in. ( Snuck in )

So, what say ye ? Can we do this this year or what ?

January 25
February 22
March 15...
April 26 Reason for changing is Easter the weekend prior.
May 17
June 21
July 19
August 16
September 20
October 25
November 15
No December workday.

URE opening date for the trails is March 28th.....

October 18th is the Fall Jamboree held by Scott Fields over across from the Outpost. Here is a link.
http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/apr-5-2014-uwharrie-ohv-jamboree-uwharrie-nc.145478/

Uwharrie OHV Jamboree - Press Release -3/3/2014
Deere_color_right_WEB_logo.jpgJAMBOREE_LOGO_April_5_2013.png

JAARS_logo3.jpg

Mission Statement: “Bringing all Uwharrie off-highway vehicle (OHV) users together to aid in recruiting volunteers and to raise awareness to ‘TREAD Lightly!’ So that the Uwharrie National Forest OHV Trail System can develop and be maintained”
This years’ spring Jamboree is expected to draw a big crowd again!
The Uwharrie OHV Jamboree is entering its third year and will be larger and with more events than last spring. The Jamboree focuses on the off-road: Jeep, 4WD, Dirt Bike, ATV and ROV (Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle)/Side by Side crowd in Central North Carolina. The Jamboree is located in the Eldorado community of Montgomery County, across the street from the Eldorado Outpost on NC Highway 109, 10 miles North of Troy. The Jamboree is in conjunction with the Uwharrie National Forest OHV Trail System opening. This weekend has proven in the past, to be the busiest weekend at Uwharrie!
This event is promoted by Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center/JAARS-Partners in Bible Translation and Title Sponsored this spring by John Deere and James River Equipment of Asheboro, NC. Other dealers already signed up are Hendrick Jeep of Fayetteville, Mid-State Toyota of Asheboro, Cycle Center of Asheboro, Bill Plemmons RV of Winston-Salem, KC Xtreme Machines of Greensboro, Lake Norman Power Sports of Cornelius and World Class Power Sports of High Point.
This year’s events will include: Test drive/ride your favorite off-road vehicles on the ‘John Deere Off-Road Test Track”. This is the perfect opportunity to test drive a new ATV/UTV. Vendors include Two Guys Metal Fabrication, Tarheel 4WD Center, 3:16 Off-Road, Carolina Metal Masters, Helicopter Rides and 4WD rides provided and sponsored by JAARS, 4WD Club Booth’s, Car Crush! sponsored by Trailheadz Club, USFS Booth, TREAD Lightly! Booth, RTI Ramp sponsored by Central North Carolina 4x4 Club, Carolina Bronco’s ‘Meet & Greet’, Chili sponsored by the Mad Mudders 4x4 Club, Food, 4x4Games and more!
The 4x4Games are definitely a unique experience and fun. Drivers and navigators will be tackling some interesting challenges. These games can include: ‘Balance beam’, ‘Roll to the Line’, ‘Blind Dog Run’, ‘Spear the Ring’, ‘Ball and Post’ and ‘Nudge the Jug’. Only 4WDs may enter the 4x4Games.
This is a family event and no alcohol is allowed. No public ATVs/UTVs allowed on grounds. Admission is FREE. The gates will open at 9 AM. For more information call (336) 906-1644 or e-mail us at scott@uortc.com

Please see attached : New Map, Mission Statement, Dealer/Vendor Registration Form, Flyer and Press Release
Kind Regards,
M. Scott Fields
scott@UORTC.com (336) 906-1644 cell

Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center, LLC
4026 NC Highway 109 North, Uwharrie, NC 27371
www.UORTC.com Facebook
Manager/Chief Instructor

TREAD Lightly! Master Tread Trainer

Certified 4WD Instructor I4WDTA
Certified ATV Instructor ASI
Certified ROV/UTV Instructor ROHVA

Uwharrie OHV Jamboree
Promoter

Nov 7th till Nov 9th will be the Veterans day ride for URE. Put on by a good friend of mine . Even though he was a Marine. It will be up there across from the Outpost over on the UORTC land.

Last edited:
That's a good challenge, and one that is attainable. I'll be at as many as I can.

Can you put these dates into the website calendar?

I will definitely try to make as many of those as possible. Been quite a while since I have been down there to trail ride, with the new rig, plan on getting there often!

Everyone remember that travel expenses for our trail cleanups/maintenance is tax deductible, and the National Forest is a governmental charity (Other non-profit organizations, such as public parks, recreation facilities and war veterans groups).

Yep, did that on my taxes this year. 12 trips up there this last year for it counted for a bit.

Updated for a date change in April and addition of the Spring Jamboree.

1st post updated with the April 5th stuff from Scott.

Updated the post for the Fall Jamboree at the Outpost and also changed the date for the Oct workday.

Oct 25th is the new workday.

Nov. 15 Still a go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom