SOLD Utah: 1990 Hilux double cab LN106 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Reluctantly selling my 1990 Hilux double cab LN106. This truck has been a fun project over the last couple of years but like it or not life is changing and it’s time to thin the herd. Located in SLC 15 min from the airport.
  • RHD, Australian import
  • 421k km (261k miles)
  • 3L 2.8l diesel with CT20 turbo and a2w intercooler
  • 5 speed manual (g52) with gear drive tcase
  • Solid front axle and LSD rear (4.10 gears)
  • Cold AC, r134a converted
  • Custom canvas soft topper
  • Rear jerry can carrier/swing out
  • 5 matching chrome fj60 rims with 5 newish 31x10.5 KO2s
  • Square cross bars (Thule equivalent) ski rack and awning can be included
  • Second battery mounted to the frame rails with isolator. 12v wired and switched to the bumper and bed but not currently used for anything
AD45495A-3782-4371-8C35-E1991BDC0CFF.jpeg

-DSC0340.JPG

_DSC0420.JPG
_DSC0397.JPG

No rust on the frame or underneath. Looks like there was some spots on the bed corner and RH vent window at one time but they appear to have been treated and primed (see pictures). 400k km service performed Winter 2019, including timing belt, water pump, oil pan gasket and BEBs, cam and crank seals, engine and trans mounts, fluids, filters, and belts. I use only Toyota parts unless not possible and a stack of receipts and a maintenance spreadsheet come with the truck.

Compression checked before the turbo went on around 406k:
435, 435, 420, 420 psi

Turbo upgrade and PM details can be found in my thread here: '90 Hilux daily driver build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/90-hilux-daily-driver-build.1183010/
  • BeBs replaced (as PM)
  • Harmonic balancer (as PM)
  • 52mm aluminum radiator
  • 5LE Hilux 10 blade fan and 3.0 4Runner clutch w/10k oil
  • Dorkel
  • 3rzfe 82 deg tstat, ground to fit
  • LJ78 “3 bolt” oil cooler for the bigger filter and turbo supply
  • 30001 (Wix 51368) oil filter required to clear solid axle trucks
  • 5/8” Turbo drain to the pan
  • 2lte exhaust manifold, ported
  • CT20 turbo housing & outlet elbow, ported
  • NOS Toyota CHRA
  • Auto meter boost, egt, and coolant gauges
  • Egt gauge in the manifold directly before the turbine
  • Custom 2.25” Exhaust downpipe, heat wrapped
  • Stock exhaust under the truck firewall back
  • Stock fuel pump, turned up less than 1/2 turn. Timing set at .84mm (bottom of spec)
  • Ebay special air to water intercooler, Bosch pump, 9x11 cooler, 24x6 heat exchanger
  • Ebay special manual boost controller, bleed off style

Original for sale ad from when I bought the truck here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1990-hilux-for-sale-12-000-atlanta.978317/

Additional photos and cold start video here: Hilux - Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qnd9ybZ1x6Ulii2Wz5XpXa73WTnyLDWD
I know the light isn't great for some of the frame and undercarriage pics, let me know what you want and I will take more.

This is not a fresh JDM import with perfect paint and less than a hundred thousand KMs ..... it was a Western Australia truck and has been used accordingly. I have also not babied it since bringing it to Utah and it has been all over the desert and wasatch. There are multiple areas missing clear coat including the hood and roof as well as a number of small dents and dings. The RH side of the bed has been painted but if it wasn't missing the graphics you wouldn't be able to tell. The back of the cab has sealant residue from when a topper was "attached" that way. The driver door armrest/grab handle thing is cracked. The windshield is cracked near the drivers corner. I tried to take pictures that capture all these flaws but let me know if you want anything specific.

I have collected a number of spare parts including a new speedo cable, lower fan shroud, manual antenna, starter, and complete alternator w/ vac pump. I can include the old oil cooler and headers if someone wanted to take it to back to NA for whatever reason, the old exhaust would bolt right back in. I could also include with the truck a complete 3L engine with ~100k km out of a 90s JDM Hiace.

Despite the truck having 400k+ on the clock it runs like a top and starts easily in freezing temps every time. There is a small oil pan heater installed to help get the blood flowing but this isn't strictly needed for cold starts. When I pulled the bearings they were still like new (I still have them if someone wants to see). Doesn’t leak a drop of oil and the transmission shifts better than my Tacoma. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this thing across the country tomorrow - a lot of people say that but I’ll actually back it up: for the asking price I’ll deliver the truck to any airport west of Tulsa. Clean Utah title, easy to register and insure in all 49 states.

Price: $14000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom