SOLD UT FJ40 69-75 Windshield Wiper Motor OEM New (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Windshield Wiper Motor 85110-60080 for a 1969-1973 FJ40. I bought this about 20 years ago and never used it.
Selling for $500.00 plus shipping.
I am willing to consider offers.

E20E09A3-D71F-4AE3-8054-CE93D6D73170.jpeg

0AC86197-86CF-477A-903B-6C58F507E73C.jpeg

Sent you a PM

Wow!

I had this sold but the sale fell through. I will accept Venmo or Zelle for payment. I will ship Fedex with tracking number, insured, and signature required. Thanks!

For interested MUD members, just an FYI:

Seller will not accept any payment form that offers Buyer Protection 🤔
Seller joined MUD on the day this item was listed for sale.
Seller says he works for eBay but does not have an ebay acct so can't/won't list on ebay.

This may be a legit sale; seller seemed otherwise reasonable, and may have legit reasons for not accepting a payment method that protects the buyer. With both Venmo and Zelle, you're on your own if transaction goes South. Sorry, seller, if this is a legit sale, I don't mean to be an ass about it, but there's simply been too much fraud here not to post.

It was $520 risk I was not willing to take.

Again, this is just an FYI -- Make your own informed choices.

Cheers.

As soon as I put two and two together that it was probably you that backed out, the little cat hairs went up that something might not be right. Then I too noticed the join date.

So, like you, I would be wary.

OP, GLWS.

I just didn't want to use paypal because I don't have one. This guy wanted me to set up an ebay account and sell it to him on ebay. I can work with you to make it so you are comfortable buying this from me. I have the original receipt with my name and address on it that I can send it to you. I can work with the buyer to find a payment type that will work.The last buyer was not willing to do that. I will even consider and offer. I can give you references from other accounts that I have sold stuff on.

I am absolutely willing to find a way to buy this item at your asking price that is safe for both of us.

This is an expensive item. You have no MUD track record. It's suspicious since there's been a rash of fraud on MUD as well as other automotive forums, particularly selling parts below a threshold that would get Law Enforcement involved.

I mean no offense to you, David. You seem like a reasonable guy, there were just some red flags I'm not comfortable with and since I'm a long-time MUD member I felt it my duty to let others know. Is that unreasonable? $520 is a lot of money for one throw of the dice.

I offered COD, Paypal, ebay, all of which you turned down, I would even pay any addt'l fees... .

ALL I am asking for is a small taste of security in exchange for paying your ask.

Would you behave differently if you were in my shoes ?

Lets's make this happen! I still want it.

Please, somebody give us options! :) :)

Last edited:
Fellas - please work out a safe solution for the both of you.

@farmpst the transfer of money outside of services that offer a guarantee for the buyer and seller is discouraged and a common theme of scammers. We’re certain you’re a swell guy but taking the extra precaution is unfortunately necessary.

Both Venmo and Zelle have on their website front page that payment through them for 'Goods and Services' is not recommended unless payment is to a trusted seller or Friend.

Again, @farmpst , I'd like to get this, but FedEx tracking is not buyer protection. I've seen quite a few instances now on Facebook Marketplace where sellers have promised all those things and once the $$ is transferred, they disappear and buyer is SOL.

I've never said I think that's the case here, I'm just trying to play it safe ... this time ;) Hope you can understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom