Using AI, ChatGPT (OpenAI) & Ih8mud.com To Search Tech, FAQ, Parts, Solutions etc… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I come to the forums not only for information but for entertainment, conversation and banter with other humans. I'd be pretty disappointed if the second post on every thread was an AI generated response trying to answer the OP's technical question. In reference to your specific use case, no, I don't think it would be an effective tool for finding good information on Mud. The problem is, all these algorithms have to reference quantitative information to determine value and a confidence level but it's easy to manipulate that information. I rarely consider post counts (unless they're super low) and never "likes" to determine if someone's advice is sound. I haven't put a lot of thought in to it but I would say the 20-30 folks here on mud who's opinions and advice I find most reputable is based on hundreds, if not thousands of posts by each of these users which I've read over the years. Trying to reduce that all down to an algorithm, in my opinion, is not possible. The goal of most AI technologists is to fully extract the human element from certain repeatable, historically human tasks. But removing the human element also removes experience and that can't be replicated in an algorithm. I would much rather have a search function for a forum that returns threads only if a self curated list of trusted members have posted within them. That still might not get me the answer I'm looking for every time but if it works 90% of the time, I'd take it.
THIS
There are people with a knowledge base that can't be "measured" for a program to choose from on here that I would trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom