Using a RHD wiper motor for parts for a LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched but couldn't find the answer so I ordered and received a cheap RH wiper motor for my 76 to use for parts. It was $90 delivered from Indonesia. Before I break into both of these and start swapping parts has someone done this before? If not I'll post pics and document. Thanks

I searched but couldn't find the answer so I ordered and received a cheap RH wiper motor for my 76 to use for parts. It was $90 delivered from Indonesia. Before I break into both of these and start swapping parts has someone done this before? If not I'll post pics and document. Thanks
I had this exact idea but have not pulled the trigger on it yet. Let us know how it works. I really think the motor and internals may be identical

I can tell everything is different just from the exterior. Different housing, motor, wiring, bolt patterns on everything, etc. I will disassemble both and upload pics but I believe this is a dead end.

DSCN6942.JPG
DSCN6943.JPG
DSCN6944.JPG
DSCN6945.JPG
DSCN6946.JPG

DSCN6942.JPG

That newer one is not OEM for sure. Not sure if there is a difference when comparing OEM to OEM? I can see if I can dig up a RHD one I have here and post a picture. It's 24v though.

I agree, it is not oem. It is the only cheap rh drive available though and would be a direct replacement for a rh drive buggy.

This one is 12v and does power up using the oem plug but it has an external ground wire that is needed.

This one is 12v and does power up using the oem plug but it has an external ground wire that is needed.

i have already tried this with the exact same MOD and used the exact same unit purchased from ebay about a year ago approx ,

the aftermarket RHD unit is simply way way too very different and i had zero luck with any of its parts meshing mechanically with the LHD toyota oem unit in any way

good idea outside the box attempt @crawsfire , :)

but sadly its a waist of time , or at least was for me ............:confused:

matt

5C01533E-5982-4808-BF10-AD3E80BA963111 - Copy - Copy.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom