used wiring harness, whats it worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have located a complete used wiring harness from a 1978 fj40. The seller is asking $200 us, is it worth buying? Thanks for your help
Ryan :beer:

Seems kinda pricey to me. If it is 100% and uncut/modified AND you are doing a resto, well, then maybe. But it still seems too high. Generally if they are "100% uncut and not modified" the rest of the truck is likewise and wouldn't be parted.

JMO

Ed

Rock;

If it comes with switches, it might be worth it. Can u get more details on what is offered? The wire and associated color codes are valuable because they will match the schematic. If I need something like this, I would give an offer of $150 and see what gives.

I have one from a 1978 that I will sell for much cheaper. I think it has been cut in a few places by the po. I could dig it out of the garage and take some pictures if you are interested. Let me know. Mike

mxfj40@sbcglobal.net

i got 2 that are in good shape for $10.00 from a buddy, one is a spare for my 76 and the other is for a 69, they came with some of the switches too. and no i dont want to sell them :D sorry

i also got the 69 frame, rearends with springs, drive lines, fenders, bib, hood, cowl no tub and 15x8 turbine wheels with fairly bald 33 swampers, all for $25.00 :cool:

Degnol said:
Generally if they are "100% uncut and not modified" the rest of the truck is likewise and wouldn't be parted.

JMO

Ed

you mean that whole rust thing is just a myth?

a 75 i junked over the summer said otherwise. it was VERY untouched, even had oem(replacements?) tires on it.

Brian.....evidently you missed "Generally", and I stand by that. Also finished it off with "JMO" which is what it was. I have yet to see a harness that is not cut at least somewhere. That is not to say one doesn't exist, just that I have not seen one.
You've dealt with a lot more cruisers that I have so I'll bow to your greater wisdom.
My opinion remains that is too much to pay for a wiring harness.

OK?

Ed

I got a used one from $OR for FREE, and this was an '81 FJ-40. Far more complicated than your '78

I am planing to have my rig ready to install the harness buy next weekend. If any of you can get a harness te me buy then that would be great. I live in Ontario, Canada.
Thanks for the help
Ryan

Wow, i got a new harness (not directly for a 40) but it cost me 150 - brudal. It's the new vuses though (which i wanted for convienience) - but i wanted to buy new wire because the old harness had a melfunction and fried.

Anyway, anything less than 100 would be a great deal~! I've never seen them go less than that on ebay.
=not that i really know anything though.
What part of Ontario do you live in?

I can sell you a great aftermarket harness for $165. It comes with enough fuses for all your aftermarket accessories. Wiring Kit
Hope you find the one you need.

Seth

I would send you two of my old ones; but trying to marry the two together with your older rig would take a lot of time. If you need anything directly from the harness I could help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom