1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Tacoma Prices

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by DenverCruiser, Aug 1, 2005.

1. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

How come it seems that the new Tacomas that have come out havent really affected the used Tacoma's prices? Just looked at some when the dealer was closed yesturday and the used ones (w about 50K miles) were only about 2-3k cheaper than new ones.

Also looked at KBB and they say one I like should be 21K but dealer is asking 25k. You think this is just for barganing or are people paying more than KBB for these? :confused:

2. Critter

Critter

I sold my Tacoma a while back, ~3 months ago.

1998 V6 Limited Ext Cab 4x4 ~90K miles
    Elec Rear Locker, SAWs, Alcan leaf pack, Bilstein 5100, ARB bumper, Spray on bedliner, weather guard toolbox, raven camper shell, V5 hitch, 5 32" BFG AT's, Borla/TRD exhaust, Alpine CD/MP3, Kicker door speakers, etc

For 11,500, and it sold in 30 minutes of being parked on the lemon lot on base.

3. cruiserman

cruiserman

Probably because new ones are way overpriced.

4. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

I found pretty much the same thing when I was looking at tacomas again last winter. I've already had 3 of them, and bought my 4th in january. I wound up buying a new one, they get way better mileage (4cyl) than the older ones, have more power, and are quite a bit bigger and more comfortable. Definately not a wheeler out of the box, but mines a great daily driver. Although I still miss the 95.5 V-6 reg cab I had a few years back. If I didn't have a dog I would probably still have that truck. But then I might not have my cruiser.

5. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

I would want a 2002 Double Cab 4x4 TRD. I would rather have a 5 speed but would need the double-cab for my 2 labs.

6. MaddMatt

MaddMatt

I just sold that exact truck a year ago. Bought it brand new for $25k, with the TRD package, sold it two years later with 20k on it for $22k. I was wondering if the used prices would start coming down, now that the new ones are out. I guess not.

You need to talk to a broker, I know a good one in south east Denver if you want to PM me, I'll give you the contact info.
    -Matt

7. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a 92 Toyota extra cab V6 - bought it new. When i sold it in 99 it had 100k on the ticker and i got $10k for it - i had two guys fighting over it. THe only mod i did was put 31's on it. BUT, i do have to say that i take very good care of my trucks..

I had a sticker on the back that said "No Fat Chicks".....I offered to take it off, but the 65 year old dude said "leave it on, maybe my wife will get the hint"....

8. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers 1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

I studied prices and test drove trucks for about 3 months before I bought my 2001. It would have been cheaper to buy a 2005 in the new body style EXCEPT my local dealer wanted sticker price for the '05' and wanted me to pay a deposit on a truck he hadn't even received yet :censor:

The new body style windshield didn't feel quite right from behind the wheel (too much rake?) but the interiors were much nicer and roomier. The salesman told me he had sold two at sticker price that week and I laughed out loud and said "I'M NOT PAYING STICKER AND I'M NOT PAYING A DEPOSIT.

9. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

Yeah, I hear you. We have a good-sized dealership about 2 hours north of me that really whores out tacomas. I went in to my local dealer to pick up an oil filter for my 4 runner and they had 3 new tacomas on the lot. 2 of them were identical, and exactly what I looking for. Even the right color. I went in and talked to the salesman that sold me my 4 runner, and told him I would buy it if they gave me 15k for my Acura and matched the other dealers price. It took a while, but they did it. And because of it, my fiances brother went in 3 weeks later and bought a 28k trd sport from the same salesman.

10. calamaridog

calamaridog

You can have both. There is a double cab for sale at TTORA that is SAS and 5spd conversion:idea: