Use the Center link rebuild kit cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a center link rebuild kit from cruiser teq and it includes a new cap...wondering if I should use that one or the original?? Read @Coolerman rebud thread and he used the old one. I had the old housing and cap painted so was leaning towards that one. Any opinions?
585B15A9-816E-4A4E-9457-E3C55086048C.jpeg
75CD2A4B-3550-4375-AE67-0D8D8FCA2399.jpeg
AF93BD95-C860-4F16-A6D8-C08CA1077D83.jpeg

Looks like the new one was welded on. I would definitely use the old one as it looks good. New one use as a backup.

Looks like the new one was welded on. I would definitely use the old one as it looks good. New one use as a backup.
The one that is painted shiny and looks welded is the original one. The matte finish cleaner looking cap is the one that came in the kit.

The one that is painted shiny and looks welded is the original one. The matte finish cleaner looking cap is the one that came in the kit.

Well , then I would use that one. It looks clean and the nut is higher. I am surprised Toyota OEM welded that. Maybe it is aftermarket from a previous rebuild. Do you know if it was ever rebuilt ?

Well , then I would use that one. It looks clean and the nut is higher. I am surprised Toyota OEM welded that. Maybe it is aftermarket from a previous rebuild. Do you know if it was ever rebuilt ?
Don’t know for sure but from the looks of it and everything else, I would say I don’t think it’s been rebuilt.

use the new one and paint it to match
that weld on the nut is not a factory weld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom