USDS Drain Tubes: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Was checking out the crappy wiring job the trailer place did on my brake controller (they tapped into the brake electrical behind the driver side tail light and poked the wire out the side of the enclosure right into the tailgate area then down to the hitch. VERY easy to catch that wire. Next weekend's project to reroute it thru the rubber grommet just below the jack behind the quarter panel - easy job). On with the real question for this post. While checking things out, I noticed what looks like a drain tube below the jact not connected to anything. It's a Y connection with nothing attached to the single side and one tube attached to the double side.

Anyone know what this is and what, if anything, is supposed to be attached to this? Won't have time to take the rear panel off until this weekend to see what I can find and any info will be helpful in 'finding' what is supposed to be hooked up. &nbsp:Drain tubes?? Rear washer fluid tubing? The one tube connected is black. Noticed a clear tube lower down in the quarter panel, but a very gentle tug left me believing it was not loose. Wonder if it's been that way for 9 years. If drain tubes where from and to?

TIA

Lots of recent experience here.

There is a sunroof drain tube that exits in the DS storage compartment. It is black and quite large (diameter about the size of your thumb). If you look under the truck at this point, you should see the tube exit behind the rear wheel (it sticks out an inch or so).

The other tube, smaller diameter (1/4"?) is probably the windshield washer fluid. I also posted earlier, that I'm not sure why there is a Y junction on this. I would have thought that there would be one line up to the rear washer on the top of the tail gate (and one line goes in that direction). The other line seems to disappear into a cross-over to the other side of the truck.

Cheers, Hugh

Brent,
If your truck has the diff locks there is a rear diff lock breather in that same compartment. It's a small tube open at the top as I recall.

Here is a picture from George's web site.

url]

-B-

B:

Good photo - IIRC, the clear tubing for the washer feeds the Y junction in your picture. One lead goes up the C pillar (to the washer I assume) - do you know where the other clear tube goes - the one going into the cross over with the wiring harness?

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh,
Sorry, I haven't chased any of the tubes in there. I was aware of one additional black tube that you hadn't mentioned so that information was supplied and documented.
-B-

As usual Beo, You DA Man.  Will use pic when I open her up this weekend.  Looks like taillight just comes off with the three screws.  Between that and removal of the quarter panel (plastic holders) I should be able to see everything well enough.  

I do have front/rear lockers. Will have to find the clear tubing that's not connected as the pic definetly shows two of the three places on the Y connector in use and mine only has one.

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom