USB/audio port (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for a usb/audio port/charger that will fit into a 1994 land cruiser blank in the dash. I can find just the usb charger that will fit but I want one I can use to hook to a unit that has apple car play capabilities. Anyone know of one? L

Thanks @thatcabledude

For the more DIY-inclined folks, it's not difficult to 3D print a solution

IMG_20181120_181858.jpg

On the left is the generic USB plate that came with the connector, on the right is a factory Toyota switch blank, and in the middle is my 3D printer amalgamation of the two

IMG_20181123_080916.jpg

Fully assembled and installed, working without incident for over 2 years and counting

Cheers

Thanks @thatcabledude

I'm not looking to attach to my radio (I already have one for that) but would like 20 v quick charging capability. Is there any good transformer people have used successfully to accomplish this?

Thanks @thatcabledude

Hi do these USB inserts fit inside the @deltavs switch panels? I got the one with the two 12V holes and 7 carling switch blanks. I got a few of these a while back and tried to fit one right now and it seems like a tight fit. I was a wimp and didn’t want to force it and break the part. Just want to double check that it can fit in these switch holes before I go damage something.

3B89D6EF-4497-4F41-9864-C5CB99DE6D03.jpeg

EBF82A3E-9FFD-49EE-A219-46F2D5E19206.jpeg

Hi do these USB inserts fit inside the @deltavs switch panels? I got the one with the two 12V holes and 7 carling switch blanks. I got a few of these a while back and tried to fit one right now and it seems like a tight fit. I was a wimp and didn’t want to force it and break the part. Just want to double check that it can fit in these switch holes before I go damage something.

View attachment 3174257

View attachment 3174258
Update. I made it fit but it doesn’t look like it was designed for those switch slots. I ended up installing the USB where the two blank spots are to the side of the shifter. Those are a perfect fit!

View attachment 3174257

View attachment 3174258
My USB blanks fit in the delta shifter console

This is where I installed it. It looks like a perfect fit in those empty slots. It was the switch panel that I had a hard time getting it to fit.

F3A3513D-91BE-47C7-9348-35997066FF13.jpeg

For the more DIY-inclined folks, it's not difficult to 3D print a solution

View attachment 2616438

On the left is the generic USB plate that came with the connector, on the right is a factory Toyota switch blank, and in the middle is my 3D printer amalgamation of the two

View attachment 2616440

Fully assembled and installed, working without incident for over 2 years and counting

Cheers
Hi ProjectsNMotion - any chance you sell this aux/usb adapter? - I like the smooth look of your plate and this has the 2 connectors I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Hi ProjectsNMotion - any chance you sell this aux/usb adapter? - I like the smooth look of your plate and this has the 2 connectors I'm looking for.

Thanks!
That's the only reason I haven't purchased the usb plugs from one of the esteemed vendors here...the 'layered' spaghetti look just work for me. Very nice write up @ProjectsNMotion - I've been debating whether to install a rear camera I have a Pioneer DIN replacement head unit and that was an option when I had it installed. I just got a front camera for Christmas so that goes in first! I've also wanted proximity bumper sensors but only if they can hook into my head unit and not have a separate display.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom