USA spec bluetooth... Happy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If your on the fence take the plunge. I got mine installed yesterday and couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. I was using a bluetooth to radio cigarette lighter thingy which on a good day was alright and most of the time was tolerable...
This sounds like I'm just listening to a good fm station.
I'm getting a xm radio just because this sounds good... will connect to the aux jack.
I also got a obd cellular wifi thingy. So I may finally be able to set up a 7" or 10" tablet as a media controller in my truck. Im happy

Details. BT-45TOY? I just got a 2003 that I am needing to outfit with BT so I am researching my options.

I had every intention of getting one, then discovered my cd changer is dead. (cd button unresponsive) I assume I'm stuck with having to get a new head unit now.

On mine, I just select disc 4 to get to my BT45. Then control from either my phone or I can use steering wheel controls to choose next or previous track.

On mine, I just select disc 4 to get to my BT45. Then control from either my phone or I can use steering wheel controls to choose next or previous track.

Thanks, that's what I thought. My CD changer is totally dead, none of the buttons respond. Looks like it's head unit time for me.

Looking at purchasing this as well. Where did you install the unit? That’s stumping me a little as to where I can put where it’s accessible, but doesn’t require cutting, etc?

Also, is there really any “harness” that comes with it or does it just plug in?
2005 LC

Personally, I just put it to the right of the glovebox. It's not even secured in there, just in between the glovebox side and whatever is on the other side. May secure it sometime but out of mind.......m

All I wanted was to play music over bluetooth, so I got the cheaper Crux bluetooth adapter (~$55 off Amazon I believe). It plugs in to the 12 CD changer outlet in the back of the head unit. I've used it daily for a while, including ~12 hour road trips and it's been almost flawless (a few times my head unit wouldn't let me select the input mode for it, restarting the car fixes it instantly; could be a problem with my head unit). Pretty sure it has an aux in too, but I stuffed the thing inside the dash.

If you're not worried about calls over bluetooth and don't use the external CD changer, I'd go with the Crux one over the USA Spec since it's less than half the price.

Personally, I just put it to the right of the glovebox. It's not even secured in there, just in between the glovebox side and whatever is on the other side. May secure it sometime but out of mind.......m

Awesome. Thanks!
Does it show track/artist data in this setup? I’ve heard you can use the “SAT” channel and it’ll work?

Yeah, it does. Of course, you have to change the display from nav to audio then change the display on the audio screen. Oh, and you have to do that each time you crank up the truck. Haha. Much easier to have your phone mounted where you can see it

I installed the USASpec unit in my 2006 LX with Nav, works really great and was only a 45 minute job. I do have an annoying issue however. I used the satellite radio input and when I am using it for music there is a persistent notification on the top of the screen constantly showing that the satellite radio station is being changed about 3-4 times a second with a brief "DISCONNECTED" warning. Its always there and normally its not a problem but if I want to change any of the audio settings (equalizer/fade/balance) i have to rapid tap the button before it disappears due to the warning notification.

This might sound like complete gibberish, I will try and post a picture or a video of the issue. If anyone has seen this before PLEASE let me know how to fix it. USASpec customer service is not the most responsive. Sorry for the thread hijack. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom