US tax money at work

Army is coming out with a one-and-a-half year hitch (the shortest ever in history) to get recruiting numbers up.

Seems youngsters would rather go to college and get jobs than die in Iraq to make Dick Cheney richer...

Steve

That's actually kinda a cool look to the bus...hey if they can fly umpteen million dollar planes, they can atleast shell out enough to paint a bus.. :D

Onur

GOLD Star

PolterGeist said:
Army is coming out with a one-and-a-half year hitch (the shortest ever in history) to get recruiting numbers up.

Seems youngsters would rather go to college and get jobs than die in Iraq to make Dick Cheney richer...

Steve
They even had to take a 'day off' from recruiting youngsters because they were using illegal means to get people to sign up...trying to tell them that they would get in trouble with the law for not signing up... :rolleyes: Ah...gotta love the government during wartime, or as Talkin Heads put it, "life during wartime."

Well put Steve.
Where's Beerman...

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT

Glad i'm still going to be able to retire in a month, 15 month enlistments are a joke. What are they going to learn in 15 months when they are in the Stan or Iraq for 12 of them. Because that is what is going to happen to them.

krzyabncanuck said:
... What are they going to learn in 15 months when they are in the Stan or Iraq for 12 of them. Because that is what is going to happen to them.

they're not going to learn anything, they're going to be cannon fodder.

Steve

Gumby

Supamod
Staff member
s-Moderator

year and a half contract + two year (or more) extention for the "stop loss" clause. You would have to be a moron to sign up thinking you were going to get trained in the job of your choice and assigned to the station of your choice like they tell kids every day at my school.

it's not the paint job on that bus that pisses me off, it's the million dollar bus under the paint job.

Top Bottom