us source for parabolics??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From the article in the trails.. That was an awesome truck in that article! :)

TIC Parabolic Suspension Systems
Paul Heijstee
Roysloot 8c (Klei Oost)
2231 NZ Rijnsburg
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)71 517 00 67
fax: +31 (0)71 408 16 39
mob: +31 (0)6 53 504 557
webite: www.parabolicsuspension.com
e-mail: info@parabolicsuspension.com

Great Basin Rovers
342 West 1700 South Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Phone: 801486-5049
Fax: 801 486-5029
info@greatbasinrovers.com

If I may say that I've not been terribly happy with my parabolics, but they only have a couple months on them. They are pretty much as bouncy and stiff as my old flat stock springs. I can feel the greater articulation off road that they boast, but I'm not as impressed with their overall performance. I still think the OME kits are the way to go, in retrospect...

If you do a search for parabolics you'll see my thread. I may take some pix and update. My shackle angles are still bad on the rears. If you buy from TIC at least you'll get their updated springs (different part nos. now for the front and rear).

On the bright side Paul at TIC is very helpful.

B

I bought a set of Parabolics from TIC about a year and a half ago for my 45 lv. Finished the lv this spring and have about 400 miles on it so far.

Poser (Steve) is hooking me up with a good deal on OME's. I should have those next week and hopefully I can get the Parabolic's off and the OME's on as soon as possible.

Might want to PM the mud member, "Lowenbrau" I believe he got a set and was very un-happy with them. I know he posted up a pic or 2 and his dis-pleasure with them on a build up thread I have been doing https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=39575 I'm pretty sure he had his on a 40 and probably off by now.

The main problem I had with them as that they sagged out, even before I drove it. After 400 miles the rear wheels are just about touching the wheel wells standing still, and easily rubs when I hit a large crack on the highway.......and I got them with a 50 mm lift (approx. 2"). I would hate to see what would happen if you got them the stock height???

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps in your desicion.....Matt

Small correction. The ones I posted about were actually on an HJ61. They were one of six test suspensions we at Prairie Dog Parts bought. We found them to lose their lift in short order. Paul from TIC is a nice guy and will work with you to try to solve the problem but that wasn't a situation we, as a distibutor were interested in getting into. I have talked with the Wiseowl guys about their parabolics as well. They are made from TICs original designs and use Canadian steel which TIC claims will not stand up to parabolic use. In reality they seem to be doing equally poorly under Cruisers on either side of the ocean. Rovers seem to be ok though.

Got them on the FJ45, they are the great off road and full compress, yet feel firm and not bouncy.

Wonder if the weight of a FJ45 compared to a FJ45lv is the issue with sagging.

Back shackle angle is good, but fronts are still vert, will see how it sits once I roll on the winch cable?

Edit, my feeling on the kit and ride on the 45 with 1hz is I am very impressed.

Hey if you want a 45 five to drive like a 80, well........... you know what to do.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom