UROC Phoenix events (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with Bret from UROC. He told me that they are looking for help with building a local judging and recovery staff for their Phoenix events. I told him that we might have some club members who would be interested in lending a hand at some of the upcoming events and I would post up here to guage interest. UROC has some cool stuff planned for the future and if you've never checked out one of their events I suggest you do. They have been getting some good TV coverage on ESPN II and are planning to expand their events for the coming year. Post up here if you might be interested in helping out either individuall or as a club.

Check out the schedule here:

http://www.uroc.com/new/schedule.php?selectseries=2006

BMAN said:
Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with Bret from UROC. He told me that they are looking for help with building a local judging and recovery staff for their Phoenix events. I told him that we might have some club members who would be interested in lending a hand at some of the upcoming events and I would post up here to guage interest. UROC has some cool stuff planned for the future and if you've never checked out one of their events I suggest you do. They have been getting some good TV coverage on ESPN II and are planning to expand their events for the coming year. Post up here if you might be interested in helping out either individuall or as a club.

Check out the schedule here:

http://www.uroc.com/new/schedule.php?selectseries=2006

Depending what's involved I'd be interested in the recovery team.
No way I'd want to be a judge.

Brett will be in town around feb 13th or 14th until the 23rd or so. We're gonna get together for a lunch or dinner to discuss what all would be involved. If you would like to join in on the discussion you're more than welcome.

The judging of these comps is pretty straight forward but the UROC staff would provide official training for any volunteers. They hope to get a good local staff in place for all of the locations on their tour so that they can cut down on the amount of crew flying from city to city to handle the duties.

BMAN said:
Brett will be in town around feb 13th or 14th until the 23rd or so. We're gonna get together for a lunch or dinner to discuss what all would be involved. If you would like to join in on the discussion you're more than welcome.

The judging of these comps is pretty straight forward but the UROC staff would provide official training for any volunteers. They hope to get a good local staff in place for all of the locations on their tour so that they can cut down on the amount of crew flying from city to city to handle the duties.
Howdy! Sounds like a blast to me. I would definitely be interested. The bad news is that from now til Sept my schedule at work is floating from week to week. Maybe I can sneak out for some UROC!! John

Sounds like fun, the problem is on the march dates I maybe sitting on a beach drinking rum punch:crybaby: and the May date is very close to Cruise Moab. If we signup is it for the whole time or can we pick a day? If he is going to train people, I could see him wanting them there all the time. I would like to meetup with him.

Unsure as to the extent of req'd involvement but I plan on meeting with Brett as soon as he gets into town. A face to face will give me a better feel for what they'd be looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom