Builds URJ150 Peridot Prado Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ooooooh, you found a Base! I'm jealous. I can't tell you how much I hate the door moldings. :mad:

The tail lamps look killer. They don't fit 100% without the Prado rear bumper - BUT when I had everything off I was brainstorming and think I have a great solution for the GX rear bumper and Prado lamps. PM me or sit tight. I'll show something cool in the next few weeks. :cool:

I've looked at a couple different flares. I'm debating it, but haven't sold myself on them... yet. I think any armor will come after the Rear Door / 5th Wheel and after a lift. Hopefully the latter can get knocked out here soon - but backorders are a mofo.

As for Nengun - I've ordered stuff for other cars many times. Great company to deal with... BUT, shipping can be a killer / deal breaker.

Good to know. I figured shipping from nengun on some flares could be killer. I had some fiberglass wide body parts shipped out from Cali a year ago and that was rough haha.

I think I read that the Prado lights have a gap below them to the GX rear bumper? I was just thinking I could 3d print some filler pieces. I’ve got to pull the rear bumper soon and repair some mounting clips so I want to have lights when I do that.

Not having door moldings and not needing to convert the rear to air suspension were the huge driving factors for the base model for me. I recently picked up an OME Bp51 lift. I just need to machine some KDSS spacers. I’m on the fence about ordering The 2020+ trd pro replica 17x8 wheels. I have some 5th gen snowflake wheels I was considering painting gloss black but they’re 17x7. I’ve been vinyl wrapping all the chrome black this week which has made huge improvements to how it looks.

I can’t wait to see how yours turns out. If there’s ever a group buy on kits to cut down on shipping I would be interested.

A bit dusty! But we're getting there! :bounce:

IMG_9930.JPG

Last edited:
Good to know. I figured shipping from nengun on some flares could be killer. I had some fiberglass wide body parts shipped out from Cali a year ago and that was rough haha.

I think I read that the Prado lights have a gap below them to the GX rear bumper? I was just thinking I could 3d print some filler pieces. I’ve got to pull the rear bumper soon and repair some mounting clips so I want to have lights when I do that.

Not having door moldings and not needing to convert the rear to air suspension were the huge driving factors for the base model for me. I recently picked up an OME Bp51 lift. I just need to machine some KDSS spacers. I’m on the fence about ordering The 2020+ trd pro replica 17x8 wheels. I have some 5th gen snowflake wheels I was considering painting gloss black but they’re 17x7. I’ve been vinyl wrapping all the chrome black this week which has made huge improvements to how it looks.

I can’t wait to see how yours turns out. If there’s ever a group buy on kits to cut down on shipping I would be interested.
FF947E0A-BDA0-4D60-92CF-7FCC8ACC6ECB.jpeg

I have Prado tails that had an insert to fill the gap. I think it was modified to work on the gx460. The signal lights are sequential which is cool. No reverse lights though. It was bought from an aftermarket manufacturer.

Yeah. It's hit or miss with shipping. Always good to try and nail down the cost BEFORE you buy it. I've had a $300 front lip end up costing $800 delivered. :bang:

You are correct on the gap. I took measurements and will be doing exactly that along with a wiring guide. I'd like to make a plug n play adapter for people so they don't have to cut wires. That's dependent on the availability of the plugs.

At first, the new TRD Pro wheels were a bit too busy for me - but they have grown on me considerably after seeing them in person. I'm not a fan of the snowflakes - but I *love* the Trail / Off Road wheels. Those have got to be the best bang for buck wheels out there. They look like a modern TE37.

As for blacking out - that's my next project. I did the front and rear preemptively - but need to do the window trim. For the handles, I ordered black 4Runner replacements. I'm either going to leave it black or paint to match the body. Haven't decided yet. All I know is the chrome had to go.

Last edited:
I have Prado tails that had an insert to fill the gap. I think it was modified to work on the gx460. The signal lights are sequential which is cool. No reverse lights though. It was bought from an aftermarket manufacturer.

Oh that's perfect! DM the link.

Is that an oem Toyota grill?

It's not. It's modeled after the TRD, made by an aftermarket company. I have an extra here if you want it.

Did you drill the holes out for sensors?

Yep. Front and rear bumper needed to be drilled - there are guides on the back side of the bumper to help. You also need to drill for the head lamp squirters if you want to keep them. I chose to delete them.

Last edited:
Oh that's perfect! DM the link.

It's not. It's modeled after the TRD, made by an aftermarket company. I have an extra here if you want it.

Yep. Front and rear bumper needed to be drilled - there are guides on the back side of the bumper to help. You also need to drill for the head lamp squirters if you want to keep them. I chose to delete them.
Nice! Thanks for verifying that. Those were a couple of my concerns and was considering a Genuine Toyota Bumper. I guess I can save the money for other mods.

Incredibly happy with the end result. Still a couple more things to button up - but drove it a few hundred miles with no hiccups.

Next step - chrome delete!!!

Seriously considering ripping the door molding off and welding/patching the holes. For the windows I’ll for sure wrap. The door handles will get replaced with black T4R versions - but I might paint to match when I do the moldings... we’ll see.

0DD7EB66-FB8F-4393-B48E-E1434167D8A1.jpeg

EF94EDCF-7486-47E3-B641-66209FDB6AD9.jpeg

Incredibly happy with the end result. Still a couple more things to button up - but drove it a few hundred miles with no hiccups.

Seriously considering ripping the door molding off and welding/patching the holes. For the windows I’ll for sure wrap. The door handles will get replaced with black T4R versions - but I might paint to match when I do the moldings... we’ll see.

View attachment 2598593

View attachment 2598595
Amazing, very envious. Especially like the Toyota grill

That is amazing! I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to stand the look of the Lexus front end now.

Edit: Do all newer Prado’s / conversion kits have a front bumper that is recessed for a front plate?

View attachment 2598593

View attachment 2598595
Not gone lie, that looks ****ing amazing

View attachment 2598593

View attachment 2598595
Beautiful! I can’t wait to get mine on. Bravo!

View attachment 2598593

View attachment 2598595
Where did you get those lights? Been looking to get Prada lights but was worried about the gap.
They’re basically supposedly for the gx460 and has an insert stuck to it to fill the gaps. If you remove the insert it has the gap that is normally seen if they’re Prado tails on a USDM bumper. I bought it from Carmarka.com.

I would quote you all - but I’m pooped from snowboarding and dog sledding all weekend (and driving 3.5 hours each way to get there!). But the sentiment is the same to all the kind words: THANK YOU!

It for sure turned out better than I expected. The wheels (Work S1HCs) really brought it together at the end.

Lots on the to-do list, but I’d be lying if I didn’t smile every time I looked at it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom