Urgent....Update on 1988 FJ62 potential purchase. Need advice. Thx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@REZARF is selling a nice 1983 with a v8 swap already done. It’s across the country, but you’ve got a few weeks of great road trip weather still ahead.

This is mine I bought for right at $11,000 two years ago:

IMG_4329.JPG
IMG_4330.JPG

Just another clown trying to take advantage of the supposed increased value of these trucks. I have seen folks many times on here try and justify the purchase of a rusty truck because its a 60 series and available nearby. Don't let the excitement of owning one of these vehicles overtake your good judgement. With all I have put into mine, if it had substantial rust on top of everything to deal with, I would be sick to my stomach every day. The rust you can't see here is 10X worse than the rust you can. Find a truck with a decent frame. As you can see above, they do exist, and for a lot less than 15K. You'll have plenty to do on your LC without fixing rust issues. Honestly, I am not sure why this one is even under consideration and worth posting up. That's a one look and walk situation to me, laughing at the guy selling it as you do. Look out in New Mexico, AZ, Texas, etc. for a truck that's got a good clean frame. The rest you can tackle yourself. You absolutely don't want a rusty truck considering there are so many out there available that are in great shape. I wouldn't pay $1000 for the one you are looking at here. HTH.

Edit: I noticed you said you want the shop to do work for you for the $15,000 price or they would need to discount the sale price by $3000. The list of things it needs if not doing yourself would be well over $3000 to do correctly. You mentioned "ball joints". Not sure what that is on here and assuming you are talking about knuckle rebuild up front. I was quoted almost $2300 for a shop here to do that work for me. Needless to say I ended up doing the work myself, but an example of what sort of money you are looking at to just get one of the punch list items tackled. If you are just wealthy then maybe all this doesn't matter to you. HTH.

Last edited:
Run fast and far away from that money pit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom