URE Workday Sat 24th. CANCELLED!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
Unfortunately I will be out of town for work this weekend hopefully some others in the club can make it to the workday.

There are two guard rail post at the top of Dickie Bell Hill cilmb and one about 1/3 of the way up the hill on the left that need to be reset. There are also 3 pieces of wooden guardrail that need to be replaced on the flat of Dickie bell, Once these tasks are complete are trail that we sponsor should be good to go.

Thanks Eric J

Update from Terry.

Hi Everyone – Sorry this is a late reminder about this week’s volunteer work day. I was in Asheville all of last week for a recreation & roads team meeting & was swamped. We’ll be meeting at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am this Saturday, March 24th. We had a fire crew ride the trails and they have cleared the majority of trees that had come down over the winter. The trail maintenance contract won’t be starting until after the trails open. I do have a contractor working on fixing the 2 mud holes on Sawmill Trail near the Slab Pile Trail intersection and he’s armoring them. He’ll have that work done before the trails open. He’ll then work on shrinking & armoring the soup bowl & the mud hole that has been created on Moccasin Creek Road at one of the dispersed campsites. I’ll have our list of tasks out to you later after I talk to Eric Johnston. He and Olde North State Cruisers worked with Annilie to finish up the guardrail work at Falls Dam Trail and then he did come recon work on the March 10th. We’ll touch base before Saturday so we’ll have more specifics for you.

Our main objective this Saturday is to make sure the trails are passable and marked and cleared of branches, debris and logs. I’m hoping with the potential storms this week that we don’t have a bunch more trees come down. The fire crew is flying back to Idaho on Monday.

Make sure to have work gloves, closed toe shoes, pants, long sleeves, sunglasses, water & lunch / food. If you’re bringing your chainsaw please have your hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, long sleeves, chaps, pants & boots.

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate your help. Bye - Terry

Last edited:
If weather holds out ,plan on being there.

I won't be able to make it. Sad.

I will not be able to help this month.

Sadly I cannot either. Last weekend before heading to the beach for a week and just way to much to get done.

Update from forest service

Hi Everyone – I wanted to let you know that I’m cancelling the work day tomorrow. We have a 90% chance of rain and potential for snow. I talked with a couple of the volunteer group leaders and I don’t want to get into the situation where we end up putting people in dangerous situations like I did a few years back when we had the bobcat out there on ice & snow trying to do trail work. I think we’ll do more damage to the trails by having us out there in really wet conditions. Sorry about this. Please let your members know about this cancellation.

I appreciate all of your help over the years. I think our April 21st work day will be a good one because we should have good weather then. Thanks a lot. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom