URE Work Day April 24th Canceled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The weather report does not look good for Saturday but so far the work day is still on. They are calling for 1 inch of rain so it should be a lot of fun or a total wash out ;)

Kurt

Hi Everyone – We’ll have our next work day on April 24th. We’ll meet at Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am. There are 2 trails we’ll work on finishing up installation of guardrails, trash pick-up and marking of trails. We’ll work on Dickey Bell & Daniel Trails.

Please bring your lunch and water. Also, wear closed toed shoes/work boots, long pants, long sleeves, sunglasses, sunscreen, work gloves, hat and other appropriate clothes for changing weather. The guardrails and posts should be located on site. We’ll also do a couple repairs of split rail fencing / reinstalling posts of spit rail fencing. Bring shovels rock bars, loppers, impact drill, post hole diggers, etc. We’ll have some of these tools too.

Thanks a lot everyone. If you haven’t sent me your volunteer forms, adopt a trail forms or club roster send them to me ahead of time or bring them on the 24th. Thanks a lot. See you next week. If there are clubs I’ve missed please pass this message on to them. Thanks a lot. Bye - Terry

Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)

MS Forest Resources / Watershed Management

District Recreation Staff Officer

I wish I could be there but the Cruiser is down for maintenance again.

Hi Everyone – I’ve been debating since yesterday afternoon if we should cancel this weekend’s work day due to the weather forecast. I just watched the channel 8 news weather forecast and it sounds like it’ll be a really bad washout on Saturday. I really don’t want to put anyone in more of an unsafe condition than our usual work days. We were going to drive around on Daniel Trail, Rocky Mt Loop Trail & Dickey Bell Trail to install (or reinstall) several sections of guardrail. The forecast for the region is to get > 0.5 inches of rain. Those trails get really slippery when wet and we’d have to drag some pieces of guardrail from Daniel Trail to other locations and I don’t want anyone to get hurt or bust up their vehicles.

The work we had planned this weekend we’ll work on in the May 22nd Work Day. Please pass this information onto your members and via your website forums so folks know that the work day is cancelled. There is going to be an Overlander Event this weekend so that additional traffic played into my concerns for safety while moving guardrail around and installing it.

Thanks a lot for your continued support and we’ll see you on May 22nd. Have a safe weekend. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom