URE in December???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Alright fellas I have the wheeling bug again, It's been a while since we had a club run and our gracious brothers to the north have extended an invite to us to join them at URE before it shuts down for winter............. SO WHO WANTS IN???

Here is some info sent to me from Andy (Cruiser4life) quite a few of you guys met him at Tellico this past August.

Just wanted to reach out and test the waters on the first annual Upstate Cruisers trip to Uwharrie. I am interested in working with you to pull this off and time is running short.

The trails close for the season on Dec 15th. That leaves 5 weekends left to get out there and realistically only 4 since one of them is Thanksgiving.

My schedule stays full (I've missed a few things I've wanted to attend including golf with you guys over the last few weeks because I'm always out of town).

That being said, the last 2 weekends it's open (Dec 3rd / 4th and Dec 10th / 11th) are best for me. I'm gone every weekend until then. If a different weekend before those works for you, I won't be able to make it but will work with you to make sure everything is taken care of logistics-wise.

So we have two weekends to choose from Dec. 3/4 or 10/11........ the 3/4 is best for me personally, post up when you want to go.

Cool! Should be a great time!

As of now, I was already planning to be there Dec 3rd. I can't camp Sat night (have obligations back in Charlotte) but the trails are only an hour from my house so I could be back for a Sunday morning ride before you guys head out.

Here is a link for further info (trails, camping, directions, etc) about Uwharrie:
http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/

Just click on the items on the left. Badin Lake Campground is very close to the trails and has facilities but there are other options (group camp, primitive camping on the trails, etc).

I'll post this thread on the NC club section too. We haven't had much luck coordinating a large group ride but hopefully some of the NC guys can work this into their schedule.

New guy interested

Heard about the run in Uwharrie. Sounds like a lot of fun. I recently purchased a 92 fj80. No mods yet. Good BF Long Trail's. Would it be advisable, as I don't know the terrrain?

Don't want you guys spending the day pulling out a vehicle that shouldn't be there:doh:

Thanks,

Rob

Welcome Rob!!!
Yes your 80 will be fine on the trails there, they are runnable in a stock cruiser for sure......... Andy has taken his stock 80 on the trails there a number of times. So def. come join us it will be a good time

Also Rob, where are you located???

Thanks for the welcome ClemsonCruiser!
I'm in Raleigh and hope to make it to Uwharrie for some fun.

Hope to see you soon.

Yep, I agree. Head that way on the 3rd.

As JP said, I've had my stock 80 on all but one of the trails over there. There are always easy lines as well as harder lines on the trails.

Here's a good thread by Arya and his stocker experience recently. He took some pretty tough lines although he does have front and rear lockers:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=67303

Bottom line, a stock 80 will do fine at Uwharrie. Good spotting is the key!

Im interested as well, the 10th/11th weekend would work better for me since i have the SAT on the morning of Dec. 3:crybaby: . Maybe I could come up after that, how far away is Uhwarrie? Its near Murphy, NC right?

nope that is Tellico........ URE is on the north of charlotte, you could make the trip in 3 to 4 hours I believe. Def. come join us though; I know your 80 wants to come :grinpimp:

ClemsonCruiser said:
nope that is Tellico........ URE is on the north of charlotte, you could make the trip in 3 to 4 hours I believe. Def. come join us though; I know your 80 wants to come :grinpimp:

The 80 definitely wants to come, just a matter if the driver can get there in time on saturday

Uwharries Nat'l Forest is in Eldorado, NC (Montgomery County, near Uwharrie Point, Albemarle, and Troy). I should be there, but have SAT that day also...

I would love to go, but.. It will prob cost me over $100 in gas, + gas while offroading. That being said, I am saving every bit I can so I can finally get my lift on during Christmas break!

So... I will have to pass. Gas and offraoding or spring pins and u-bolts.. at least the latter items I can have an even more priceless 4 wheeling experience once I get the lift on!!!

I'm going to try to make it to Uwharrie on the 3rd. Are y'all still going?

R.K.

Us NC guys still are, hopefully the SC wussies wont pansy out...c'mon guys, put people in trailers and have the meeting in the Uwharries!

alkaline747trio said:
hopefully the SC wussies wont pansy out...c'mon guys, put people in trailers and have the meeting in the Uwharries!

Uh, calling us wussies and pansies is not the best way to get fellow club members to come.:flipoff2:

We have certain things called club obligations. Changing a date has gotten us in trouble in the past. I love wheeling but but If I had to choose between a club meeting where everone get to attend and one where only those who want to wheel attend I'd choose the club meeting every time.

But it looks like the Toyota FJ presentation is going to work out on the 17th so I'll be there.

alkaline747trio said:
Us NC guys still are, hopefully the SC wussies wont pansy out...c'mon guys, put people in trailers and have the meeting in the Uwharries!

The Upstate Cruisers will be there. Please direct all coordination to JP Virgo.

yeah I am the party planner......... I will post up a new thread with details about the trip., but for now I have two tests to take first!!!!!!!! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom