urban camo for a white 80-series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
01Aug2005 (UTC +8)

Whaddaya think if I adopted this pattern for my white HZJ-80?

chieftain-17.jpg

chieftain-19.jpg

To be honest Drexx, something about the plain squares screams boring!! I'd be more interested in that colour scheme, but in a normal camo pattern of old. Come to think of it , I've seen just that somewhere in central america .. on a website somewhere. But they may have added a bit of mustard-green to the colour scheme. Looked pretty good.

TY

I would adopt a smaller square pattern more like the MarPat or ACU pattern... It would be cool... but you'll go through enough Masking tape that I'll need to by some 3M stock before you start this project...

Drexx,

How about the pattern on desert camies use by the Armed Forces on their uniforms? That way it looks really cool.

I think urban cammo paint scheme would be pretty cool. I agree that the typical urban pattern that Ty mentioned might be a bit cooler simply because more people would recognize it as camo rather than a funky paint job gone awry. But I think that pattern you show is cool nevertheless.
Is that a break up pattern to mess with night vision devices?

CJ

A little smaller pattern, same colors.
But it would work best with white walls:)

just as long as it don't get you in trouble over there in the phillipines.....

don't want to get mistaken for wrong bunch.

Newps said:
Is it just me or does that remind you of the Partridge Family’s bus?

Well, since the Patridge Family was actually a covert CIA infiltration of the hippie culture, I guess that makes sense.

Ask and ye shall receive! I've had these two pics for YEARS, shamelessly pilfered from a website in the late 90's. All I know is that the website was in Russian. Cool paint job, though, I dig the bullbar painted in the same pattern.
Russian802.jpg
Russian803.jpg

02Aug2005 (UTC +8)

Thanks guys! Those two LC80 pics are great, specially those of the Russians. But I think the square patterns are better, with the trick being the right shade of colors and sizes of the squares, and color diffusion pattern.

I don't think I'll get into trouble with it 'coz it's not a camo pattern that's adopted by the Philippine military --not recently anyway, Last time I saw a similar pattern was about 20 years ago, near the presidential palace. And many times I passby the said place and the general military HQ here and I haven't seen them anymore. It's always the jungle pattern they use.

02Aug2005 (UTC +8)

skyshark186 said:
I think if you used the "digital" camo that the military has now it would look much better. Or at the very least something along these color lines.

Cool! It's a great idea! Something like this BDU used by the Jordanians? (that's a UZJ-100 being used as their platform vehicle):

JSF-Protection.jpg

JSF-Protective-Service.jpg

JSF-Tactical-Takedown.jpg

JSF-Vehicle-assault.jpg

JSF_Vehicle-Takedown3.jpg

Taken from article: http://www.hyperstealth.com/jsf.htm

love the camo print carried over to the arb bull bar.. looks like vinyl stickers more than paint though.. probably works better too. as much as I like the camo.. don't plan on selling your car anytime soon after doing it...

CURRAN
the camo is intended to help provide concealment regardless of day or night conditions. the digital camo versus the older camo is supposed to better break up the lines between colors and the apparant shape of whatever object is being observed.. the new "digital" camo does a better job hence it is being adopted by many militaries world wide...

Exiled said:
Ask and ye shall receive! I've had these two pics for YEARS, shamelessly pilfered from a website in the late 90's. All I know is that the website was in Russian. Cool paint job, though, I dig the bullbar painted in the same pattern.

Thanx Exiled! Thats the one I was referring to .. note the yellow-green paint touches :) . Thats one of the first times I've actually liked the looks of an ARB bar.

TY

I like the # 16 pattern here and it is somewhat like drexx was looking at in the first post but with digitally softened edges.

Digital Camo from Hyperstealth - This is the company that developed the pattern for the Jordanian uniform seen in the earlier pictures.

I think a vinyl sticker job like they use on commercial promotional vehicles might be the best way to get a complex pattern on a valuable vehicle.

These might give you some ideas -
vinyl wrapped scion
vinyl wrapped expedition

Last edited:
T Y L E R said:

Thanx Exiled! Thats the one I was referring to .. note the yellow-green paint touches :) . Thats one of the first times I've actually liked the looks of an ARB bar.
TY

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think thats the TJM Bullbar, since it has the add-on winglets and the park lights mount differently.

Also... How come US 80's never got the cool rear air vents above the passengers.??
I saw the pictures of Drexx's ride.. Very cool, and I like the barn doors, espically since you can open the door without opening the tire carrier. Thats actually the only reason I don't like rear tire racks, is that you have to move it everytime you want to get in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom