Builds Urban Assault Cruiser 92 FJ80 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

finally found your build! (sorry, dah its in the signature lol). I have got a lot of catching up to do...looking awesome man.

Looked into custom emblems today and it will be about 100 bucks for two emblems or about $15 ea. for 25. thinking of posting up and seeing if there is any interest in "3FE" and "FJ80" in black. You only have the 100 series custom emblem or more?

finally found your build! (sorry, dah its in the signature lol). I have got a lot of catching up to do...looking awesome man.

Looked into custom emblems today and it will be about 100 bucks for two emblems or about $15 ea. for 25. thinking of posting up and seeing if there is any interest in "3FE" and "FJ80" in black. You only have the 100 series custom emblem or more?
Yeah I only have the 100 emblem. Haven't decided if I want to install any more.

Applied bedliner to the rear step. Had a little left over so I did the tailgate/cargo sill. Found some rust under the sill so I ground it out, applied rust converter and painted over the top.

Blew out the inside of the frame rails. Then took some rust converter to the inside. After it dried I sprayed por15 into the inside of the frame rails. Before:
View attachment 1911546
After:View attachment 1911547

just thought I would chime in and recommend an eastwood product for this type of application. Great stuff, goes on waxy and runs into crevaces.

just thought I would chime in and recommend an eastwood product for this type of application. Great stuff, goes on waxy and runs into crevaces.

That sounds like it's really good stuff. I may have to buy some of that for when I spray the inside of my rockers.

Rear bumper is all done. Cruise control is done except for lighting the factory cruise light and wiring a relay for the led brake bulbs. Was able to use the factory stalk which was something I really wanted to use. I also welded up the crossmember hole that was fairly chopped up.

Still need to tint the rear door windows n I can drive it n see if I can get the monitors to set for emissions.

Last edited:
Put one of the rear door windows back in. The rubber that grabs the glass for the regulator was shot. Installed new, disassembled regulator, cleaned motor comutator, greased, cleaned out window run.
20190228_182212-756x1008.jpg
20190228_182204-756x1008.jpg

Installed new 187 degree thermostat because old one was stuck open.
This weekend going to fab seat mounts. Drove truck around, im enjoying it. The stock suspension rides great. Cruise control is working great.
20190301_172625-1008x756.jpg

For seat back cooler they are the little wires, green and pink go together to red from switch. White with black stripe goes to black from switch.
20190304_195658-1209x1612.jpg

For the bottom cushion blower motor pink and black go together to red switch wire. White with black stripe to black switch. Pink is signal wire for both blowers.
20190304_203937-1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:
What are those seats out of?

Yes it is. Back seats are black too.

I'm liking the black seats in there. I just picked up some black leather seats out of a BMW 528 and I was wondering how they would look in my interior. My rear seat will stay stock though so I might still find some seat covers.

Any intention of doing black carpet?
I think eventually. I'll probably buy some black weather techs for now. The door panels are brown and black. I'm pretty burned out on it so for now I'm just going to button it up and call it done for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom